What Annoyed You Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, ankle issue has been discouraging. Just a sprain, but they take soo long to heal, and sometimes you think you are back to 100% only to have a small little twist or in the last case a slight jarring make it as sore as when you first injured it.
Looks like jogging is off limits for several months.

Being broke, things are getting worse here in SA for the average person and thus the middle class will disappear and they foresee a 2 year rescission for us here.

Sorry to hear that Henk.

Hey Buck, how about an article about out-of-the way great spots. I always read in Field N Stream and other mags all these wonderful places but you have to be Donald Trump to even try to hunt or fish. Maybe some place not so hot price wise but still great. Places Davey Crockett would hunt! :)

Good idea Njaco, but I wouldn't want to give away my "secret" get away from humanity spots;) Although I don't really think there is such a place left in Minnesota anymore.

Letters (actually email) like this:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:16 AM
Subject: Tax Refund

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we
have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $92.50.
Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days in order to process it.
A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or
applying after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, please click here

Regards,
Internal Revenue Service.

© Copyright 2008, Internal Revenue Service U.S.A.

What a crock...... notice the time the email was sent ? 4:16 AM !!

What government office worker is working at that hour ??

Charles

Henk, if its any consolation, I'm in a bad spot myself.

Among numerous other little problems, the place that I have been at for nearly a year was sold about a month ago. The new landlord called me to say when my lease is up he wants to renegotiate the lease - at twice the rent, over $2000!!!!

The problem is I can't move for a number of reasons. Have no clue what to do and really getting visions of living on the street. It might be that bad. I want to throttle someone.

I really didn't want to bring this up but that was the nail in the coffin. I'm venting and its got me twisted.

Chris, sorry to hear that mate.

My advice, hit the new landlord up ASAP about exactly what he has in mind regarding rent, and try to bargain with him.
If worst comes to the worst, and you have to move on, try to cut down your posessions, or pack them down and try to store them at a mate's place or somewhere. Keep only the basics by you and stay with mates if you can, or if not, in a youth hostel, cheap motel, or trailer park until you find a new place.(I've lived in a car for a few months too once, other times in my tent, and once on a hotel fire escape for a couple of weeks when I was flat broke - that was not pleasant)

Mate, if I was in America, you'd have a place to stay no questions asked. Hope it works out for ya.

Thanks guys, but I got my head sorted and found a solution for my problem. Only thing I have to say is woman. You all know what I mean.

Chris mate I know what you mean. One of these days I might also face the streets since it is just to expensive here now to keep on living.

Thanks evan and Henk that is the other little problem I have. Women.

My GF has been out of work for a year (thats another story!) and our reserves are gone. Its paycheck to paycheck and this will kill me. I might be single real soon.

Keep you chin up Chris. I am a firm beleiver that when you are down something always comes up to turn things around, you just need to keep your eyes open for it.
You may want to check into the legality of his just putting you out on the street, there has to be some Gov't agency for the protection of renters in your State (there's a Gov't agency for everything these days).
I wish you luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back