What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A very bad day at work, which I'll find hard to illiterate on without swearing, but here goes. Please excuse the rant.

One of the big bosses comes round, about number 4 in the company. He never spoke a word to any of us, yet told my manager to send me and some others home without pay as we weren't working hard enough. Apparently, I was walking too slowly whilst carrying (heavy) stock. My manager said he would but luckily told me not to worry, this being lucky as if I was sent home, I would not be coming back as I will not be spoken to that way. Also, he first demanded one of my collegues be fired because he'd left a ladder on the shop floor. He then decided he should just be sent home but luckily this didn't happen.

I've worked there 3 years without a single complaint or discipline and this jumped up **** on a six figure salary waltzes in and threatens my livelihood and only source of income. Earlier on another colleague had been flatly refused a payrise as there was 'no money in the company for it.' The company I worked for have just posted record profits.

What kind of world do these people live in? Do they have any idea what it's like to live on minimum wage (£5.54 an hour)? Thank God I'm back at uni in 6 weeks, then in about a year I will be off to New Zealand and be well away

I feel for you. Sounds like there might be some underhanded tactics to try to lighten the workforce at your place of employment? Reminds me of a buddy that was recently called into a meeting with several other salespeople and thier Boss. Boss said they were going to have to let one of them go and instead of having some Kahones and doing the dirty job himself, he asked for volunteers!!!
Good luck, In my younger days I would have told the manager in question to carry the load and see how fast he could carry it!!!

My TAFE teacher has it in for me I think........shall be an interesting semester
What!? Someone has it in for YOU Heinz....naaaaah...you must be mistaken....I thought that you were the Golden Boy....the Wonder Boy....a teachers pet.... I'm sure that you'll find this annoying presence in your studing life, right in the middle of your crosshair sight and shoot them down in flames...I've got all the faith in you mate!

Just seems to be one thing after another latey. Someday I would like to post something in the "What Cheered you up" thread instead of this one!!
I hear ya brother...! Could probably post more here, but then I'd add another 10 pages to this thread...

Heartbroken....nuff said!

"Then must you speak of one that loved not wisely, but too well..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The play is done; the curtain drops,
Slow falling to the prompter's bell
A moment yet the actor stops
And looks around to say farewell.
It is an irksome word and task:
And when he's laughed and said his say,
He shows, as he removes the mask,
A face that's anything but gay...."
"Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell...."
"To ease another's heartache is to forget one's own....."
===========================================

The right arm of my glasses snapped off while I was having a braai/BBQ out with some friends and had to drive without it and I am "a bit blind" without my glasses. I'm getting myself some contacts for my eyes f*ck the glasses sh!t.

Ankle/Achilles I've been having problems with on and off for almost 9 months has got me hobbling once again. Deciding whether I should go see a Doctor and be told to take Ibuprofen, Ice it, and not to walk on it (which I've been doing anyway) or doing a self amputation just above the ankle!!! Where's that hatchet when you need it...

History Channel making a mistake on facts? Now that would be a first Oh wait, I guess the show Ice Road Truckers would be a mistake as well. Putting Dogfights in limbo could be another?

Achilles is worse than ever. Could barely hobble into work this morning. Broke down and made an appointment with the Doctor. Cannot get in until Thursday. Chronic Achilles problems are a PITA!!!!

Go with the self amputation....will there be pictures?...

Seriously, get it checked out mate thats a long time to be having the same problem.

Ahh your in for Thursday......good!

Users who are viewing this thread