What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We pay $1.77 a liter for gas Here!
$6.65 a Gal.!

That's cheap, we're at €1.96 per liter, which is $2.27, which is $8.58 per US Gal. It's insane.

People charging £3 per litre which is Euro 3.57/litre and $15.47 per US gallon around London, but around London they follow cement trucks thinking they are full of petrol.
Ouch!! That makes my butt scrunch.

Artesh: Adding to SaparotRob's comment, each company in the string from oil well production to the retail seller is allowed to set their own prices, based on what the product costs them, coupled with the associated costs for them to sell the product. Federal and state taxes are added to that figure, to get to the final price. At times around the US and maybe other countries, it's possible to see fuel price wars, where the retailers cut the selling prices in an attempt to gain customers. Some of the bigger store chains, that do no rely on fuel sales for a significant amount of their profits, will at times, sell the fuel as a loss leader item....ie they make no profit or actually loose a small amount per quantity sold, but draw in customers that spend money elsewhere within the store.

I took this photo of a sticker on a fuel pump a while back.
Many fuel retailers are placing these on their pumps to show drivers why California's fuel is the most expensuve in the continental U.S. :confused:

20210712_094623.jpg

Well, I believe that Iran is much cheaper than KSA. It costs 15000 IRR (or 1500 Tomans) Per liter. Today's exchange rate for 1USD is 281680 IRR.
Its hard to say, I was there in 1985 and 88, petrol was so cheap some guys didnt bother to reclaim the cost and at the time most users werent private citizens but workers for companies. The thing is it was so cheap that there was no money to be made in selling it. Crossing the kingdom stations were about 50 to 70 miles apart, in my gas guzzling dodge V8 van if you missed a station and the next one had no fuel (that happens) you were screwed.

It's making me more and more to want to buy a Ford F150 Lightning next year.
Better do it soon, California just passed a law banning combustion engined sales by 2030 - this includes vehicles of any type as well as garden equipment and even generators.

With California's antiquated and over-burdened power grid (which experiences rolling blackouts quite often), it's going to be interesting when everyone starts plugging in their electric cars and such.

The joke here, is that we better hurry and buy battery powered generators while they're cheap :lol:

Better do it soon, California just passed a law banning combustion engined sales by 2030 - this includes vehicles of any type as well as garden equipment and even generators.

With California's antiquated and over-burdened power grid (which experiences rolling blackouts quite often), it's going to be interesting when everyone starts plugging in their electric cars and such.

The joke here, is that we better hurry and buy battery powered generators while they're cheap :lol:
Exactly the same in UK, grand declarations about phasing out and banning things no real plan about how things will be done in future.

Exactly the same in UK, grand declarations about phasing out and banning things no real plan about how things will be done in future.
Yeah, I'm not sure about their logic.
The supply of Cobalt and Lithium is really limited and so far, no real way to recycle the spent batteries, so they end up in landfills. Not to mention the ecological disaster involved in mining the material, especially the African Cobalt mines.

Bats in my attic, a rat tried to get into the basement from the sewer cleanout well, apparently the cover rusted out and he pushed it aside. Couldn't gnaw his way through the trapdoor, though he tried. I've replaced the cleanout cover with a new one and laid traps for if he managed to burrow under the slab.
Hoping that we don't get visited again by mice this fall. Last year they got in under the kitchen, crawled up under the dishwasher and chewed through the wiring.
Oh, and the alternator went out on the car.

applied for a job last week, the agency the place is using contacted me saying they're interested in interviewing me, so far so good eh ?

so due to having no chef's my kitchen is only open 3 1/2 days a week so i was available for the interview monday, tuesday or wednesday this week, but they've taken their time confirming things and now they want to see me on thursday !
so on thursday i've got to set up my kitchen after being closed since 12pm sunday and prep for a dinner for 100 on friday and a wedding for 80 on saturday afternoon and an evening buffet for 120 on saturday night and now got to squeeze in a zoom interview on thursday afternoon !

Got the first of 2 Shingles vaccinations yesterday. Shoulder was sore most of the day, but no biggie. Woke ate 3:00 am with one of the worst headaches I've ever had, stiff shoulder and neck.
Can't wait for the 2nd one in 2-6 month as that is the one that is really messes most people up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back