What Annoyed You Today? (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It was nice when my mom went away and I was relaxed and everything, but now it is back to the same stuff, working on each others nerves again. I still love her to death.

Really p****d off that the arthritis is yet again painful, though I'm used to that. But if I could just have a full day, and night, where I can operate even at 75%, instead of being stiff, unable to walk around properly, or worse, pick things up easily, that would be heaven!
Still, I've still got all my bits where they should be, less a couple of holes here and there, and there's a heck of a lot of people worse off than me.

Murphy's Law hit me in the face on my job lately...

Friday-Saturday : Arrived at work and spotted a letter stating that the security company "renting" my services to the ski station I'm working for is going bankrupt, lost the company's cell phone twice (found it back both times, though) and my personnal pick-up truck is leaking prestone.

Sunday : The company's pick-up truck I was driving broke down about 7 kilometers away from my work place... At 10:15 PM ! Luckily, an other worker happened to pass by my abandoned pick-up and gave me a lift back to the station.

Dang pickup truck blows the #7 spark plug out of it's threads every two weeks or so. Also have a slow Coolant loss somewhere that I can't figure out. Original thought was a leaking head gasket leaking into the Cylinder that blows the plug, but I see no other evidence of a bad gasket (no rough running, plug looks pretty clean).
Frustrating!!!

Oh Dear, Buck'! Sounds like over-compression on that cylinder - very possibly related to the coolant leak problem, maybe water pump staring to fail? I'd get it sorted before the whole lot goes bang! Happened to me once, half way up what passes for a mountain in the U.K., off-road, miles from anywhere!

I'm not sure they are connected, but it is suspicious. Every so often I get a whif of fresh coolant when I shut the vehicle off. Plug only blows out when the truck is first started, or after sitting idle at a stop light for a while and then you start to accelerate. That's what got me to thinking it may be just a very slow leak into that cylinder, pressure builds and blows when you first accelerate, but this is contradicted by the times it blows when I just start the truck up.
I'll probably rip the valve cover of this weekend and re-thread the spark plug hole and put in a new gasket at the same time. See where it goes from there.

Users who are viewing this thread