What Annoyed You Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I feel your grief. I experienced a similar period of loss the winter of '91-'92. First my Dad, then my Grandmother, and my fiance's parents faced life threatening illnesses. Losing loved ones is never easy. You, and Joe's family are in my prayers.

My story..................
Living here in Oz I am kinda fair game.
My mother past away some time ago, we were estranged I admit.
I was here first by her first marriage, 6 more by her second, that didn't help much.
I was not mentioned in her will and the family listed me as Their sirname and that I was living somewhere in New Mexico!

Losing people close is tough however we are the decendants of thousands of generations who have suffered the same losses
They lived so that we could live. And this, does not make it easier.
It sounds like you have good memories.

I am just rattled to h3ll with this NEW laptop....................... why in the world would it be shutting down on it's own and restarting????????????
and I lose everything I have been working on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it just drives me up the bloodysh!t wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPU getting too hot is a possibility. Try to use it on a smooth surface.

New computer with windows i presume. Factory installed. It will be longgggg behind in updates. Setting with factory install most like to execute update when download ready.
So either change does setting or let your laptop on for a day or so.

New computer with windows i presume. Factory installed. It will be longgggg behind in updates. Setting with factory install most like to execute update when download ready.
So either change does setting or let your laptop on for a day or so.
Worst thing about Windows is their upgrading mechanism indeed. Even for simple updates you have to restart as the system somehow cannot handle the restart of a single service. It's one of the reasons why I moved to Linux many years ago. I hardly notice updates, usually running in the background. Only a kernel update requires a reboot, But even that can wait until you are finished working and it won't affect the next boot time, as all work is already done while the system was up, again unlike the windows reboot.

Or the awful registry system....

Not to mention the fact that you need to run anti malware stuff that uses up your RAM and keeps your CPU busy.

One wonders why you guys keep paying for all that crap

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread