What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children keeps janking my son's active date around. Five days ago, it went from 20 Feb to 10 Mar, and now it's this Monday, 13 Feb. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud he's rolling with the flow, but damn.

1964, Pres Johnson reduced forces. Me from June 28 back to April 1. All serving with discharge date of July 1 were extended 90 days. Paper only no real effect!
When I was at the Ordnance Guided Missile School at Redstone Arsenal, enlistments were extended by Presidential order due to the Cuban situation. Some short-timers had bought cars, houses, etc with the expectation that they would be in high-paying civilian jobs in a few days. Those guys were hosed!

Best friend was supposed to separate from the Army on a certain date. Went for his medical prior to separation, due to previous injury on a mission. Got extended a total of 3 more years due to required surgery to repair the accumulative damage. 3 more years as an E-8 feathered his retirement a bit more.

Apparently nobody has yet asked a DC spokesperson/blatherer the obvious question:
Why o why didn't we shoot down The First Balloon during its week-long 4,000-mile transit of North America...
when now apparently we're hosing aerial objects without even defining them.

Puh-leeeze don't try to tell us the first balloon was given a through pass out of concern for Damage On the Ground.
There are huge open spaces on this continent with extremely thin human density.
Doubt it?
I checked the FAA stats. On average, five airplanes crash in the US every dang day, almost entirely without mentionable damage to property let alone life. That's about three dozen crunches during the balloon's travels...
Just thought somebody might mention it..

Apparently nobody has yet asked a DC spokesperson/blatherer the obvious question:
Why o why didn't we shoot down The First Balloon during its week-long 4,000-mile transit of North America...
when now apparently we're hosing aerial objects without even defining them.

Puh-leeeze don't try to tell us the first balloon was given a through pass out of concern for Damage On the Ground.
There are huge open spaces on this continent with extremely thin human density.
Doubt it?
I checked the FAA stats. On average, five airplanes crash in the US every dang day, almost entirely without mentionable damage to property let alone life. That's about three dozen crunches during the balloon's travels...
Just thought somebody might mention it..
Don't know what you're complaining for, we didn't even get one.

The wreckage must be pretty light. They'd be slowly tumbling down like the "tumble recovery system" used by some light weight Estes model rockets. The kind I built when I didn't want to bother with that parachute nonsense. If info can be gleaned from shot down Kalibr missiles and Shahed drones, I'm guessing there will be enough chunks left to boffin up what the circuits were. Both sides get the same stuff from Radio Shack anyway.

I'm a frickin zombie today after 6hrs of infusion yesterday.................oh fun
lbNpEAX-i8mMd&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back