What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dehydration is one cause of leg cramps.

After my accident when I was 17 my left leg was locked, not only the accident but 7 weeks in traction and a plaster cast meant it just wouldnt move. In physio I always had to push in the opposite direction to the direction my le was locked.

Let me start this by saying I am not a doctor. Always seek professional medical advice.

But, what you may have is a Magnesium deficiency.

I've had the exact same thing on multiple occasions, so bad I met with my doctor. Started take magnesium supplements and it went away.

I've been eating a daily banana for a week now Seems to be triggered by starting walking/exercising more the last couple days, usually goes away after I get back into a little better shape. I used to walk 1-2 hours in the park after work every day, but have not been doing that lately. Just started 1/2 hour walks this week and will begin upping it again to at least an hour in a week or two.
Bananas and pickle juice, what a combo...

Last edited:

I had a similar cramp back in February. The difference was it was a week after surgery which required no lifting anything over 5kg for a month, no heavy lifting for 2 months and no driving for two months because the action of braking a vehicle would cause internal tearing. Forgetting that, and being a half asleep idiot, I immeadiately hobbled over to the wall and stretched the leg as hard as I could.

The pain in the surgery area will be permanent (it is low level but still very tiring) and at least the blood infection and other problems are gone.

Users who are viewing this thread