What are you doing today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I got some more glue and attached the other loose tiles yesterday. It started sprinkling rain just as I finished the last one. So after a failed attempt to use Saran Wrap I found a ratty old plastic trap and covered the work area. The heavier rain held off for a few hours.

So the question is: How many tiles do you have to set before you are assured of a substantial rainstorm? There is money to be made here, my friends!

Got to change the serpentine belt on the truck today. It decided to shed some width in the last day or so. Will pick one up on the way home from an Antique Airplane meeting and change it either later today,, or wait til I get up about 2 am. Depends on where the temp ends up today.

A nice day here in the Sunburnt Country.
1. Domestic stuff. Returning unused stuff to Ikea.
Getting Other stuff from the bigass Bunnings hardware.
All that to install a bench cabinet in the back porch room!!
2. Working, still, on the brick lawn wall. My aching back.
3. Got stuff coming for my Messerspit!!!!!!
4. Waiting out the next ten days for GB59 to start, an AVG P-40E!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise, nothing.

I just bled some more on my airplane, fabricating a mount to put the old ELT back in. I noted in the instructions that the ELT had to be ,mounted "level" fore and aft. There is really no place to do that other than the middle of the cockpit floor so I had to build a bracket to enable it to go under the baggage compartment. Then I realized that there was no way to mount the bracket without inventing a shrink ray so I could climb under it to get to the bolts. So that required I come up with a new way to attach the bracket. Now to do some cleaning and painting of those aluminum parts I fabricated.

It's not illegal to paint an entire real gun orange, is it?
Yes.

No orange coloring is allowed on any firearm in most states and the BATF has a section regarding dayglo orange and dayglo green. From what I've seen, the fine for doing so starts around $10,000.00 and goes up from there.

The only exception I have seen, is Henry's licensed version of the AR-7 survival rifle, which has dayglo orange on the stock. But they had to get an exemption from the BATF.

20230721_153917.jpg
20230721_153922.jpg

Relaxing in Lake George...

Headed out to pickup a new battery for the trailer light test box as the old only reads 6 volts after a couple hours of charging. Then off to pick up a new harness and a spool of light wire for the trailer. Put new lights on it last week and can only get one to work. No power down the harness for the right side lights. Tired of messing with it, so all new wiring going on it today and tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back