What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today, me and my missus are celebrating our fifty-sixth wedding anniversary. Got an extra $100.00 (us) so I told her I'd take her anywhere she wants to go for dinner. They have been good years.... and I'd do it all over again !

Charles

Awesome Charles ,I'm ver very pleasded for especially with all the crap you've put up with this year medically

Awesome Charles ,I'm very, very pleased for especially with all the crap you've put up with this year medically

Thanks, Neil. It started October of 2010 with the cancer diagnosis, then all the tests, and two operations. She has been right by my side throughout it all. For this I am very grateful. Let's hope we make it to 70 !

Thanks to the rest of my friends, both here and on FB, for their warm wishes. Really.... they are appreciated.

Charles Edna Mae Cheeseman

Attachments

• EM  CC.jpg
    EM CC.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I got promoted to full time at my work yesterday :D instead of working weekends, I'm now working weekdays!!!

- relaxing after a very active day.

- have helped mom and dad unpack in their new apartment, it's a whole life packed in those cardboard boxes. Kitchen stuff was the most awful stuff to unpack, clothes will be unpacked later, when their new bedroom closet gets assembled.

- later, their new sofa, dad's new chair and foot stool arrived together with the bedroom closet. We unpacked the chair, footstool and sofa (I *hate* vaccuum wrap plastic!), and I assembled the sofa, hefting it around, up, down, upside down and all, to screw the legs on the thing.

- when I got home, I went bananas and started drilling holes for all the stuff that I've so far been using nails for, and I put up a coat rack behind my bedroom door, which has been lying around for ages - it felt wonderful to finally be able to put that one up, and use it for my clothes!

- hung a couple of old-fashioned brass candle holders on the wall in my wee hallway, plus drilled in a screw for my mirror the same place. I won an electric screwdriver at the christmas dinner yesterday, so all that screwing-in-screws was a piece of cake.
I did have an electric screwdriver already, but this new one is better quality, and the engine in it is stronger - yay!
I love power tools! :D
And dad let me have his old hammer drill when he cleaned up his workshop at the old house, plus a few other tools (jigsaw, sander), so now I definitely need a bigger tool box - I want one for christmas.

- pondering visiting the local burger joint, Charlie Burger, for a pork sandwich (- big!), and the neighboring Blockbuster for crisps and maybe a good movie. :D

- may I sleep now??? *giggle*

Thanks, Neil. It started October of 2010 with the cancer diagnosis, then all the tests, and two operations. She has been right by my side throughout it all. For this I am very grateful. Let's hope we make it to 70 !

Thanks to the rest of my friends, both here and on FB, for their warm wishes. Really.... they are appreciated.

Charles Edna Mae Cheeseman

Charles Edna,
My congratulations and best wishes for a long, healthy life together.
Regards
John

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Been out of touch for a while. Congrats to Charles and Edna Mae on you're anniversary. Also glad to hear your father has been sprung once again BB, hopefully things settle down for you and your parents now.

What cheered me up today, it's nearly lunch time, and I'm going to cheat on my diet today!!!!

Was hunting around the attic yesterday and found a box of my old shoes from when I was in grade school. 2 pair of leather Converse and a pair of 1970's style cowboy boots were still in good shape. Showed them to my 14 year old daughter and she went ballistic! And they even fit her! I guess the old cr@p is back in. She will probably like them better than any of her Christmas gifts.

Treated myself to a christmas pressie today...aw alright, I gave in to temptation. *snort* *giggle*

PICT0494.JPG

First, I bought these two silver stain beauties for my pen collection - got 'em both cheaply for 500 DKK.

And later I returned to the shop, because I had forgotten to check if the owner of the shop had any fountain pens for sale.
Funnily enough, a lady was at the shop when I got there; she asked for the silver filigree quill pen, which I had bought earlier today, so I guess I was damned lucky - I had been eyeing that particular pen for a couple of days, y'see. ;)
It turned out that the owner of the shop had some fountain pens for sale, and so I fell for this little Morrison beauty:

PICT0474.JPG

There's a ring enbedded at the top of the pen, so that you can carry the pen in a small chain or a string around your neck.
Got it for 200 DKK, which is absolutely alright for such a beauty. ;)

And..I wouldn't have bought the pens if I hadn't already bought all the christmas pressies for my folks and Jørn.
Now I knew I culd afford them all for once, and so this is my treat for myself. ;)

Last edited:
xmas season at work is all but finished, just got to do the residential package on 24th, 25th, 26th, 70 people sitting around the hotel waiting to be given more and more food and you can see them thinking why are we sat here !!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back