What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went to the opto...op...eye doc today, to get my eyes checked.
Has been having probs with my eye sight on the left eye - fuzzy spot made it hard to see properly.
After a thorough examination the lady doc could diagnose me with cataracts, so I'm going to have surgery done on both eyes. And now I better understand why I was having problems with seeing properly, even though I've used both contact lenses and glasses! :D
It's a relief really - the surgery on each eye only takes 15-20 minutes and the results are good.
Many people don't have to use glasses afterwards, so 'm hoping that I can get rid of mine as well - but let's see how it goes. ;)

Is now contemplating getting:
A: Nice practical pants with elastic waistband.
B: Soft perm curls.
C: Practical low-heeled shoes in a neutral colour.
D: Walker.

The local brewery, Surly Brewing, just released my favorite beer. Called Surlyfest. It's thier take on a Octoberfest brewed with Rye. It's a seasonal beer so it will only be around for a month or so. Guess what I'm doing after work tonight:drinking: Maria, can I borrow your new walker;)

Met up with Bill (N4521U) today he has been in SA seeing the sights the past 2 weeks, we visited some local hobby shops, checked out my "War room" as he called it and had a good chat about various things, lots model related! :D

It's Friday, and even better today is National Drink Beer Day!!!! Woohoo!!! I'm not one to argue so as soon as I get a beer in my hand tonight, I gonna drink it!!!

What's Trending Friday, September 28, 2:23 pm Search: .Follow . Beer rocks every Friday, but today's actually National Drink Beer Day
4 hrs ago Today's the day to raise a glass in honor of raising a glass (or a bottle or a can). That's right, it's National Drink Beer Day, a holiday that deserves to bump less alcohol-centric celebrations off the calendar, so beat it Arbor Day, and don't come back till you're carrying a six-pack. Why celebrate beer? Has there ever been a dumber question? Because it's one of the oldest beverages in existence, dating back to the ancient Sumerians, who probably chipped the details of their hangovers into a clay tablet or two. So bottoms up, whether you're into pale ales or porters or — you know what? We'll have one of each. [Source]

National Drink Beer Day is celebrated on September 28

Well, I've just sent her company another invoice....

And she's fairly well-known within NZ Warbird circles, and NZ aviation in general, so to have someone like her backing you is pretty valuable on its own.

Last edited:
If you have five and a half days to goof off northern Minnesota sounds like a good place to do it! Haven't been there since I was a kid on vacation up along the Gunflint Trail, but I'll never forget it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back