What Cheered You Up Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got an e-mail this morning from my youngest daughter (21 last week) who's at University in London - she's going to try to meet up with me at 'Flying Legends' at Duxford this coming weekend !
The sound of Merlins - brilliant!
An open airfield - fantastic !
My little girl coming to the air show - PRICELESS !!!

Working at the Addison airport today and what gets towed past but a.... He 111 and I believe it is in flying condition but I mostlikely am wrong.
I didn't think I would ever see one of them and they are bigger than I imagined. It was brought to sit outside Fifi's hanger. (Fifi is the name of the only flying B-29 as I understand it.)

Last edited:
Working at the Addison airport today and what gets towed past but a.... He 111 and I believe it is in flying condition but I mostlikely am wrong.
I didn't think I would ever see one of them and they are bigger than I imagined. It was brought to sit outside Fifi's hanger. (Fifi is the name of the only flying B-29 as I understand it.)

and you forgot your camera right....bummer....

It's Friday for me. On top of that, the woman who I've been training as a haul truck drive(and is totally untrainable) isn't with me today. 13 hours until home

Geo

spent the first half of my day in a local school taking classes of 5 - 9 year olds and teaching them about salads and healthy eating.

kids were brilliant and got involved, especially when i told them the mozzarella balls were monkey brains !

they loved it, getting their hands dirty ripping up salad leaves, mozzarella etc and making big bowls of salad then fruit salads later

Chris Froome crashing out of the Tour De France was a downer but watching Geraint Thomas and Richie Porte battle terrible conditions and the shock of losing their team leader to pull back time cheered me up immensely. The Pave cobbles of Northern France take no prisoners.

G man and Ritchie.jpg

Last edited:
Actually no, I have a picture of it on my phone, now how to download it so that everyone can see it. I'll go back to my cave and figure it out. :)

Just plug your phone into the computer like you're gonna charge it, choose to Link it instead of charge.
Go to Explorer, look for Phone, then Pictures, badabing!

My Cheagle, Rocky the wonderdog chewing on my hand. He's my constant shadow and likes to bite and chew my right hand while playing. In case you're wondering what a cheagle is, it is a mix of chihuahua and beagle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back