What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here you go Bill. Can't imagine sleeping like that. I have mine set at about 45 degrees and can only stand it for a minute of two at a time. Makes me feel like my eyes are gonna pop out. I usually tilt it for a minute, then go horizontal and rest for a minute or two, then repeat another two or three times. That's all it takes. I swear by it.

My uncle had one of them things in the 80's, a fad then over here, oops, in the States!
The way mylower back is I'd have to hang there for a week.

Someone left behind a $20 dollar bill in the cash machine. Felt kinda guilty just taking it, but not that much. Think I might donate it to the food raflle at work and try to win a extra days vacation.

Finally having pulled myself together to try and overcome my fear of dentists, and undergoing the full workover after 11 years of neglect. To be brutally honest, the fear of losing my teeth is bigger than my fear of dentists. :D
Was going in today to have a chipped molar checked, my dentist thought it might mean a root canal treatment - it didn't, yay! :D (That's 3 grand in dkk saved, guys..phew alright!!! o_O )
Plus the relaxing pill that he had given me worked like a charm; I almost fell asleep while my dentist was busy removing the old amalgam filling, and replaced it with a new special plastic filling.
You *know* that the downer is working, when Mr. Dentist is telling you: "Alright Maria, please open your mouth a little more while I remove the last tricky bit of the old filling, please?", and I was thinking: "STFU and let me sleep!" :D
Phew! :D

Last edited:
Finally figuring out why a laptop a customer sent in for repair had video to an external monitor, but very dim video to the build in lcd. Found a open fuse and some corroded caps/resistors/chips immediately, but took a day and a half of metering to find a tiny little crack in a circuit trace that wasn't even visible under the microscope. Now if I can figure out why the network adapter on thier other laptop doesn't work I'll be done with thier beat up laptops for a while.

Just got done baking a big loaf of home made banana bread. Man does it smell good as it bakes. Now just need to wait for it to cool off and the butter to warm up a little.

Did an oil change on my car and found the source of the water leak in the driver's cockpit (been looking for ages for that) and removed the big ass fuse and cable some numpty boy racer had left inside the interior trim panels that connected the stereo to the sub woofer he had in the back - long gone of course. Also discovered I need to change a CV boot and probably the joint as well; not so good, but a mate has said he'd help for a bottle of rum. I've never done it before, so will be a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back