What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Hugh ! Now, about this constant pain in my shoulder............
My good stuff happened on Sunday, when my youngest daughter came up to Duxford from London, and spent the day with me at Flying Legends, got soaked in the two rain storms, and then enjoyed a BBQ back at the camp site, before getting the train back from Cambridge.
Been looking at the 'family snaps' we had taken, by friends on the camp site, and it's clear she was happy and enjoyed herself!
I now have to send her details of all air shows in the UK ............. seems it runs in the family!!
Oh, and it was her idea that I wear the hat backwards! Shame, as the peak hid the lines and creases in my face!!

Attachments

• Josie 3.jpg
    Josie 3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 136
Thank guys, it was worth getting literally soaked to the skin, and having to put up with the officious oaf attendant in the 'Wheelchair Users' enclosure.
He insisted that no one could stand up - they had to remain seated. A fair point, to prevent obstructing the view of other spectators - but when he rushed over and had a real 'go' at me, in a very rude and 'jobsworth' fashion, I got slightly p*ssed off.
After I had politely pointed out that I was only standing up to take photos to my left, over the heads of all the other spectators, and that I couldn't possibly be obstruction anyone's view, as I was in the right-hand corner of the front row, in an enclosure which was forward of the main spectator line by some 30 meters, and that there was no one behind me for approximately 250 meters, he scuttled back to his little hut at the entrance.
But he pounced on any one who stood up - even if they were going to the toilet!
D*ckhead!

Last edited:
What cheered me up today was the sweet sound of a T-6 Texan/Harvard as it flew over my Grandparent's house! I believe it may have come from Pensacola's NAS but I don't know... And just now once I think I'm finished typing, a T-33 flies over! Man this is pretty great day!

Second half of the exams results came out today and its now official. I am half way through medical school :shock: !!

In 2 years and 2 weeks (give or take and I'm not counting) I will walk on the ward as a qualified doctor (all things going well therefore you have had your prior warnings).

Last edited:
2 more days, and 1 full week off!

I am sure the other half will find something to interrupt your time?Mine has been doing it all summer since she is out of school I am not taking anymore time till after August!

Great stuff Hugh ! Now, about this constant pain in my shoulder............
My good stuff happened on Sunday, when my youngest daughter came up to Duxford from London, and spent the day with me at Flying Legends, got soaked in the two rain storms, and then enjoyed a BBQ back at the camp site, before getting the train back from Cambridge.
Been looking at the 'family snaps' we had taken, by friends on the camp site, and it's clear she was happy and enjoyed herself!
I now have to send her details of all air shows in the UK ............. seems it runs in the family!!
Oh, and it was her idea that I wear the hat backwards! Shame, as the peak hid the lines and creases in my face!!

That's cool Terry and it looks like a good time had by all except Mr.D*ckhead :lol:

As for me I am happy to see my 16yr old Lab Raven doing alittle better the last few days.She has been panting/breathing hard since winter just figured it just came about from age.Then last week she got work raspy sound came about and could not walk without it occurring.So I decided it was time for a visit to the vet(maybe 5X times) and the vet said no heart murmurs sounded good.We came home with antibiotics,steroids and a light pain med for her hip and the raspy breathing is cut in half and she is moving about much better.It appears the Vet's idea about swollen/inflamed throat was a right prognosis with the antibiotics as a CYA encase.I just want the ole girl to live out her days as comfortable as possible.She has been a good friend over the years standing right beside all through Katrina and protected the neighborhood quite well.

Second half of the exams results came out today and its now official. I am half way through medical school :shock: !!

In 2 years and 2 weeks (give or take and I'm not counting) I will walk on the ward as a qualified doctor (all things going well therefore you have had your prior warnings).

If I should ever end up in Canada, please don't suggest a prostate exam. I only allow female doctors to do those as their fingers are so much more gentle. Congrats on passing your exams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back