What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Congrats Karl! Today was my daughters first day at collage, not away from home though, just a 20 min drive. She said the hardest part was getting out of the car she was so nervous but every thing went fine

Congrats Karl! Today was my daughters first day at collage, not away from home though, just a 20 min drive. She said the hardest part was getting out of the car she was so nervous but every thing went fine
cheers mate.

Veterinary medicine is a very competitive degree course to get accepted on in this country, you need high grades and at least 10 weeks work experience just to get an interview from one of the universities that run veterinary degree courses !

only 1 in 5 get a single interview and again 1 in 5 of those interviewed get offered a place subject to achieving the correct grades at A level in college.

my Daughter, April is doing a 6 year gateway course including a foundation year in her first year, this meant she only needed to get C's in her A level exams and so will be 25 when she finishes full time education !!!!!

she is moving to London which is 245 miles away by road from our house ( about 4.5 hours driving) so my wife is a bit stressed about it all :lol:

good luck to your Daughter as well

Some here know that I had to wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours as there was concern I had border line high blood pressure, something I've been told for over 40 yrs. I just had the follow up visit, half expecting to be told I would be on pills to keep it in check. And the results.....absolutely normal. The doctor then went on to say that it was odd that it was higher during the night as its usually lower when people sleep. I told him I never slept because I kept waiting for the machine to fire up

My cousin is several days now in the USA, attending the college in, where else, Connecticut - home of Pratt & Whitney and other cool trade marks.

I enjoyed watching a family of migrating Robins squabbling over who got to take a bath first in my bird watering dish.
One of the youngsters got in with one of the adults and got pecked for ignoring protocol. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back