What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No, not hostility. Just don't care for the arrogance. Same holds true for the US Basketball player saying he guaranteed a Gold. They were humbled and respectful at the ceremonies so I guess they are forgiven

Walked over to Post Office and unknowingly dropped my wallet went back several hours later to see if I had misplaced it and apparently some young kid brought it in from the parking lot complete with money and cards and ID. He left no name

Fingers crossed! Been almost 4 days withoug major achilles pain. Doctor finally gave me good advice and after several days of stretching I can finally walk withoug pain and a pronounced limp. Now to stay on top of those 5 a day streches.

To say that I'm a simple guy...

I was standing beside my pick-up truck after my first watch run tonight, watching the sky. It was completely clear of clouds and the place where I was standing was pretty dark, so I could perfectly see every stars. (Which was already cheering me up.) So I was looking at it for about two minutes, then... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeez ! A shooting star tore up the sky.

Ah ! The simple things in life !

It's Friday, have a half day off from work and then two days of fishing and roaming the State park in Western Minnesota. Climb the second highest point in Minnesota (not that high, but should be a workout none the less).

So yesterday I get a wildlife call and as I pull up to the scene it happens to be in front of the house of another Animal Control Officer I know from another county. We get to talking and he wants to take my number and we walk into his office. There in his office is a full size manequin all dressed in a Wehrmacht uniform. I ask and he tells me he's into WWII and is a re-enactor for a German squadron. I can't believe it. He shows me some medals he obtained but then says, check this out. Behind the manequin is a large safe. He opens and inside are guns. From WWII. I'm not real familiar with guns but some I recognized. He pulls out a G 43, a Mosin Nagin, an MG 34 with extra barrel, a couple Lugers (short barrell), Walther PPK and on and on. My eyes were popping out! Needless to say he invited me back for a beer and some stories another time. Even invited me to one of their 'war games'. I couldn't believe it!

Users who are viewing this thread