What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got weighed today !...yes , I said weighed not laid !.

Three weeks ago, I decided that enough was enough and I needed to do something about my physique (I'm undertall !), so I thought I'd have a go at jogging. I'm 5ft 9.5 inches

I weighed in at 13 st 8 lb's and managed to run 1.5 miles in 20 minutes with 4 stops to get my breath back. Wow !. Not bad considering I dont do exercise....I even use the truck to drive to the chip shop which is less than 300 yards from the house !!!

Yesterday, I completed a 5.5 mile run, non stop and in just under 46 minutes.

This morning I weighed myself and I've dropped down to 12st 10lbs !

I've changed the food I eat and more importantly the quantity, and have now gotten into this little routine that starts off with an orange for beakfast, A banana mid morning (great slow energy release food) and a strong coffee 30 minutes before my run (the caffiene is a good energy boost and also helps to break down fat). Its taken a little while to get the right rythym for my jogging, fast enough to get the heart rate up but not fast enought to get a stitch, but now I get a real buzz from this routine. I normally have a bagel after my run and thats it until tea time

And I'm beginning to feel good !. Of course the downside is that I now need to wear a belt to stop my jeans from dragging around my ankles at work...embarrasses the girlies apparently !.

I aim to run every other day but with a different route each time as i get bored very easily. And I'm loving it !!!.

I have no intention of entering any marathons or such like, I just wanted to tone up, get a bit fitter and loose the beer gut. With a target weight of 12st 6lbs to reach.

And do you know what ? its working !.

The hardest times are friday and saturday evenings when I sit down on this here pc, play games (on-line Call of Duty 4 and 5, Flight sims etc) and drink 4 cans of F*sters. I hate getting on the scales in the morning but it does give me incentive to get out there and have bladdy good run !

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.
This last week I have re-kickstarted my exercise and weight loss program, it is amazine how quickly you gain weight and get out of shape after not exercising for a month or so.

My four year old son was asking questions do animals see differently from us. After a while I mentioned that bats don't see very well but find their way in the dark by sending out squeeky noises(and doing my best imatation of a bat squeek) and listning for it when it bounces of an object n it way.

My son replied "Do you mean like echo location Daddy?"

Think your sons a genious mate! thats classic!

Weather today and working on the Corsair cheered me up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back