What do you do when you're not building models? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
This is what I do, it's called Appalachian style. Hickory, oak, locust, mountain laurel and old barn wood are what I use mostly.
Just thought I'd show you guys something different.
I'd be interested to see what the rest of you do too!

rocker1.jpg

rocker2.jpg

rocker3.jpg

I don't really model, but I collect WW2 Uniforms and Militaria, stamps and coins. I also really enjoy hiking, camping, cooking and traveling.

When not building,
Im researchin, goffin, eatin, drinkin,
but didnt want it to sound like that.
and catching it from the one I am married to.
Otherwise nothing of any significance,
and growing old.

Nice chairs, Meatloaf.

When I'm not modelling, or researching models, I play chess, walk my dogs, read or write science fiction, help my wife cook fabulous food for the freezer, work in the garden. Used to bird hunt a lot, but since I got my hearing aids and a warning from the audiologist about loud noises, that's faded into the past.

Golf and cycling in summer.
Skiing in winter.
Will spend time on the Mosquito restoration as well as a growing list of reno projects around the house.

Knit socks, draw, photograph, trying to run the roads flat w. biker buddies, drinking coffee, watching movies and tv series, reading, cataloguing my fountain pens and photographing them, doing writing exercises, and the usual stuff:
Try to help my folks when I can, hang out with friends, chat with friends online, do my daily yoga exercises (Five Tibetans) and yank dumbbellss around, etc.
Put short: Doing what I do best: Eating, sh*****g and getting in the way. :D
And listening a lot to music. :D

Last edited:
IMG_0038.JPG

I build big stuff too like this 'carport' for my truck. Well thats what I'm gunna tell the council if they find out but between you and me it's an aircraft hangar!

I build master miniatures, have posted pics.
I restore my 68 Camaro ragtop and drag race my 70 El Camino when not remodeling for wifey

644428_469217899777994_821951846_n.jpg

394062_352887108077741_708427427_n.jpg

548686_470919336274517_1048030935_n.jpg

and I do miss my old job

644575_416480845077921_619450849_n.jpg

Last edited:
So.. you drink alot? :lol:
Post some picts of the boat, or fish, or the empty bottles.

Unfortunately diabetes cuts into my drinking - I don't like being up all night peeing - and I quit taking pic's of fish a long time ago.
I'll try to figure out how to upload a photo of the boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back