What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

actually where I live you can't drive a V8 till you are 21.

Thing is though our 6 cylinder cars are very powerful as it is.

Once I do get to drive an '8' legally its going to be a 350 chev with a 6/71 supercharger and set up right I should get 600hp easy..

Well our laws are knee jerk reactions by politicians.

The morons don't seem to realise you can get killed whatever you drive.

What would help is if we had compulsory insurance and therefore younger drivers couldn't afford to own high powered cars therefore making the laws redundant the roads safer. Not to mention the drivers attitude.

But apparently if you drive like a moron in a 4cyl you wont hurt anyone :rolleyes:

I have been told a turbocharged 4 is more powerfull than a stock V8 which wouldn't surprise me although im not sure if its true or not.

Depends on what V-8 me think.... Mopar's 413 Wedge/Max Wedge, 440's and the Hemi were no small engines. Neither were the 348, 409, 427, 428 and Ford's own Hemi the 429, not many made though...

Can't drive a V8 unti your in your 20s. I'd laugh at that anti-Mad Max legislation, if I didn't think the liberals would do the same over here. Can't smoke in your car, can't smoke in parks, can't talk on the phone while driving, ban certain oils in restaurant food...

God help us all from the Nanny State.

Jeez, what politico thought that up? No V-8 until 21 or 25!! Next itll be you can't have incadescant light bulbs and analog TV......wait.....ohh (shutting up now :oops: )

Yeah I know its bullshit and I'm especially pissed off because I spotted the perfect project car for me and my dad to do up together. It was a 1978 ford ZH fairlaine with a 351 cleveland V8, 9" diff (bulletproof!) and jellybean mags. Theres no point in buying it if I can't drive the ****** until i'm 25. oh well I will just keep my eyes open for a valiant charger with the 265 hemi six :lol:

426 cubic inches of MOPAR HEMI.....Yuuummmy!!

But a classic 392 does fit the bill just as nice...

troy_9_DSC02163.jpg

oooh yeah love the hemis .Thats gotta be one of the early hemis chrysler brought out in the 50s? also didn't they lose the plans when they discontinued the engines so they had to start from scratch in the 60s again?

Yeah I know its bullshit and I'm especially pissed off because I spotted the perfect project car for me and my dad to do up together. It was a 1978 ford ZH fairlaine with a 351 cleveland V8, 9" diff (bulletproof!) and jellybean mags. Theres no point in buying it if I can't drive the ****** until i'm 25. oh well I will just keep my eyes open for a valiant charger with the 265 hemi six :lol:

You lookin' to build a sleeper? The Cleveland was a nice engine.

And, yeah, there are sixes out there with 400+ HP. And don't forget the rice rockets with overbored/overstroked 4-bangers and a turbo; their power-to-weight ratio is usually better than a Muscle Cars (as much as I love Muscle Cars).

I'll take a nice Chevelle 454 with the LS6 options package. Or a '70 Corvette with the 427 big-block and side pipes. Or a '72 Hemi 'Cuda with four on the floor.

Screaming Eagle...does your nickname mean something like an eagle that is screaming?

Screaming Eagle...does your nickname mean something like an eagle that is screaming?

It has to do with the 101st Airborne, one of the most famous units in the US Army with a rich history going back to WW2 and Normandy. Now they are helicopter borne Air Assault.

AIR ASSAULT!!!!! SCREAMING EAGLES!!!!!!!

:

I think you might cop some flak over that Les...

But by the by, regarding the username thing, if I was an Aussie mine would have been A-4G, or if American, it would have been either A-4B,-C,-D,-E,-F,-M, or -N...

..To me one of the most beautiful aircraft of all time (although I generally prefer the second world war types), and the main reason I joined the RNZAF -
The Mcdonnell-Douglas A-4K Skyhawk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back