What were you working on today?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanx for the replies. Some cool responses and jobs out there. Lovely mossie. Like all, I have a day job to do, but I try to get as much done on my hobbies as I can.

Today was a bit more mediocre.....mowed the girlfriend's lawn (no, that is not a euphemism!!) she has a ride-on....I managed to f.....damage it on a huge rock. Then went to a local dog show and Merlin came in the top 12 dogs out of 120!

Hah!!

Me? Didn't work on much anything. Grocery shopped, making ribs for dinner and folding laundry.

Good thing I'm confortable with my masculinity. :cry:

Oh, did clean the electronic filters in my heat pump. That helped with my self confidence. Now perhaps I can find my balls in my wife's purse...

Yeah, nothing is beneath me. But I do hate to do dishes and the chemicals necessary to properly clean a shower gag me.

Right on, CCheese!!! Finished the clock up on Sunday afternoon. I think this was a 20 or 40G hard drive, I have several that are just layin around with bad sectors or nifty little charred areas. Hardest part was getting the bearing-race out of the center (first time I've made one of these, after this they'll be easy!). Here's a pic of my finished product (made to hang on the wall):

(lost the read-arm somewhere in my garage, between the time I dismantled the hard drive and finally got around to putting everything together. also, the brownish-black arm coming off the right-hand side of the hard drive is actually one of my beagle's tail and butt. neither are firmly attached to the clock, just a bad angle with a cellphone camera)

Attachments

• IMG00004-20100801-2109.jpg
    IMG00004-20100801-2109.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
We finished one up today. I had to shoot the photos inside so.
1957 Cameo pickup. Let me know what you think. This was just a paint job, not a restoration.

Attachments

• IMG_9892 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_9892 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_9893 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_9893 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_9895 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_9895 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_9896 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_9896 Lightened resized 25 legal.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
new brakes on all four corners of the red one
Pads and discs on the front, pads on the back. The rear pads were reduced to biscuits, they came apart with the extraction. For some reason that I haven't figured yet, can't get the dashboard brake wear warning light to go out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back