What were you working on today?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rocketeer

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2009
Salisbury
Busy day.... I am prepping my Battle of Britain Merlin from a Hurricane shot down in 1940 (August 18th) for a display at the memorial to Flt Lt JB Nicolson VC who won the only Victoria Cross awarded to a RAF Fighter pilot in the Battle and indeed whole WW2. I will displaying the Hurricane's cockpit as well.

Anyhoo, sorted out one of the Merlin's banks. Also started the strip down of a Hawker Hunter nose for rebuild. This was damaged in a birdstrike and will be fitted to the museum's Hunter. Then some gardening and a re-org of my workshop! Relax tomorrow!

Attachments

• P1010742.jpg
    P1010742.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 260
  • P1010734.jpg
    P1010734.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 266
Putting up a fence on the west side of the house. Started digging holes for the support posts today.

Keep you informed....

Charles

Heck, that's a really dirty, disgusting terrible job you have to do there Tony. I feel really sorry for you.......honest.........
Went to the shop to buy some sugar - might go again tomorrow.........

Working at work today for a couple of hours, we had stocktake on the Friday. 120 quid extra though, unfortunately, it'll go to bills....:( Maybe I can sneak some away for some decals and paint. :lol:

Working at work today for a couple of hours, we had stocktake on the Friday. 120 quid extra though, unfortunately, it'll go to bills....:( Maybe I can sneak some away for some decals and paint. :lol:
Did that last Sunday
16 hours - not fun but plenty of double time overtime

Nice Tony!

The Mossie yesterday Boeing 777 tomorrow

Attachments

• 212121.jpg
    212121.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 258
Sat around at the car dealership while my wife's 4runner had an iPod jack installed and state re-inspection done right this time. Didn't have to pay a penny. The worked in the garage on converting a dead harddrive into a clock and stripped usable parts out of an old PC before chucking the case out on the curb, trying to reclaim space in my garage.

Then worked in the garage on converting a dead harddrive into a clock and stripped usable parts out of an old PC before chucking the case out on the curb, trying to reclaim space in my garage.

Funny you should mention making clocks our of old [and I mean old] hard drives. I use to make and sell
wall clocks make from the old Seagate 40 megabyte hard drives. Attached are pic's of two I have left, a
desk clock make from an old MiniScribe 40 megabyte HDD. The plastic parts were cut with a jig saw from
a sheet of 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch sheet plastic.

The other one is a wall clock, with Westminster chimes in it, that hangs in the computer room
Thats the last pick down.

They show the correct time, today when the pic's were taken.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_1864.JPG
    DSC_1864.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_1865.JPG
    DSC_1865.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC_1866.JPG
    DSC_1866.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC_1869.JPG