What were you working on today?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I enjoyed my one-day weekend, caught up all the lost sleep from a week of early shifts last week, did a bit of washing, a bit of work on my 1/72 Sea Fury, a bit of solitaire wargaming, bought a new PC game from Steam, now trying to put together a list of paints to get from Hannants when I go over there tomorrow before work 8)

I enjoyed my one-day weekend, caught up all the lost sleep...
I had a two-day weekend
but I must admit, I caught up alot of lost sleep too. Last five weeks have been commuting to one of our other sites in Worcestershire, so early starts, lots of driving and long hours in between. Only two more days to go then three days holiday (five if you include the coming weekend) 8)

I had a two-day weekend
but I must admit, I caught up alot of lost sleep too. Last five weeks have been commuting to one of our other sites in Worcestershire, so early starts, lots of driving and long hours in between. Only two more days to go then three days holiday (five if you include the coming weekend) 8)

I used to commute Esher-Greenford, Esher-Basildon or Esher-Maidstone, I hated spending half the day trundling around the M25. I now have a little jaunt from Shenley to Hemel Hempstead every day 8) And after ordering my paints and two new kits online this morning, I have spent the day imposing order upon chaos at work. The job got done and no-one got too upset, so I'm now treating myself to a well-earned beer or three :lol:

Nyquil, my friend. Nyquil. Two or three nights of that, and your body will adjust itself nicely to whatever whacked-out schedule you desire. Learned that trick in the Navy while pulling mind-numbing shift-work and having to adjust to crazy schedules.

My latest tinkering....a desktop hard drive clock (not quite done yet, but at least it stands up on its own!

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 103
A trench, 125 ft long x 3 ft deep x 1 ft wide, with a rubber sheet (rhizome barrier) installed and filled back in with earth in an attempt to contain the bamboo in my yard. Exhausting and frustrating work.... :cry:

I found out today whilst working on my family tree that a distant relative was a Fighter Pilot on Hurricane MkI &II's he served as a Pilot Officer on 615, 607 Squadrons RAF and a Flying Officer on 258 Squadron 1939 -1942.
It is there that the trail goes cold.
I know he was stationed at RAF Jurby on the Isle of Man doing a fair bit of convoy patrols with the odd skirmish. He resurface's in 1943 at his wedding as a Flight Lieutenant [Admin} ??
I have pictures of his aircraft with their Squadron Markings but do not have any photo's of `Hurricanes' with 258 Sqdn Markings of "FH" Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer help in any way. Thanks for reading.

Aircraft
December 1940-April 1941: Hawker Hurricane I
April 1941-February 1942: Hawker Hurricane IIA
March-April 1942: Hawker Hurricane I
March 1942-November 1942: Hawker Hurricane IIB
November 1943-August 1944: Hawker Hurricane IIC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back