What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Lexington was always my favorite. The kit set me back a bit but the wife knew how much I wanted a model of it. I'm glad I didn't settle for 1/700. Yes Evan.What do you want for the canopy set?
Ed

Last edited:
Chrome applied to the P-47, saw some gunk so will be sanding and respraying some areas.

Attachments

• DSC_0145.JPG
    DSC_0145.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0147.JPG
    DSC_0147.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0148.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0149.JPG
    DSC_0149.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 75
Thats shiny shiny mags had to put my sun glasses on mate ,she,s lookin good glad the decals made it ok looking forward to seeing them on a B24 .BB

Thanks mates, I know its very unrealistic.. but sometimes its too tempting to pass up on! Also those shots were taken when the sun was behind a cloud!

Will do, I went to spray the red nose and paint went under the mask and I got some on my finger and touched an area, I was frustrated and walked away.. now I will deal with it!

Went all down and dirty with the Dauntless, Wildcat and Cannies today by slapping on some putty. Hopefully some pics tomorrow, weather has been, well the lighting, has been crap today for shooting pics....:(

Edit: B*ll*cks....forgot the Hunter! :oops:

Last edited:
Heres my first go at a base. Still have to paint the runway but I did the grass on both sides. For doing it cold turkey with a ruler and my naked eye, I think the measurements and such are ok. For the terrain I did a layer of brown ballast then a sprinkled fine turf over it for that patchy look. I might try to enhance it more, what a messy job this was!

Still have to fill in some spots with paint which the ballast missed, mostly along the wall edge.

Attachments

• DSC_0148.JPG
    DSC_0148.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0149.JPG
    DSC_0149.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0150.JPG
    DSC_0150.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0151.JPG
    DSC_0151.JPG