What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the replies folks and the info Terry I would have got back sooner but the PC at home won't let me post replies possibly due to my Email no longer working.
I still have a bit of clearing out to do along with getting hold of a suitable table/ workbench and I will be good to go
Sorry forgot to add the Hasegawa kits are very good but pricey you get what you pay for I guess.
I did have a nasty shock when looking at modern kit prices as I brought mine about 14 or 15 years ago fortunately I have a stash of un built stuff and a few 1/72 WIP that will keep me going for quite a while, just as well really as the CC has taken quite a beating getting things ready.

Last edited:
the ISS Enterprise is finished, but I'm waiting to get some glosscote before I take any pics. I want the decals to blend into the hull.

I think what I ought to do is use my airbrush. I spray the contents of the can into the airbrush paint container then airbrush away. what do you think?

I've been pecking away at this for a while between other projects. I'm not in love with it, but I hate to let it go unfinished.

I think it's a re-boxed Zvezda kit.

Attachments

• La 7.jpg
    La 7.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 96
  • La 7, 2.jpg
    La 7, 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 106
Nice La-7 there Tom, and good work on the F18 Rob.
The Harrier is the out of production Airfix 1/48th scale kit BB - not bad, but quite a bit of work to get it to fit etc. To make it really accurate would require a lot more work, but this is a quick build (yeah, right!) for a non-aircraft enthusiast friend, who served in Belize and wants a memento, so it's out of the box, apart from correcting the Belizian nose flash and out- of -register decals.

the LA-7's coming along nicely, Tom!

got the main fuselage, nose and afterburners installed. she's starting to look like an F-18!

HPIM1559.jpg

HPIM1560.jpg

got the main fuselage, nose and afterburners installed. she's starting to look like an F-18!

Thanks.

It would be interesting to compare an FA-18A or C model of the same scale as the SH. The larger size of the SH should be quite evident in contrast.

Lookin' good.

tom

Thanks.

It would be interesting to compare an FA-18A or C model of the same scale as the SH. The larger size of the SH should be quite evident in contrast.

Lookin' good.

tom

SH? what's an SH?

I know sod all about these modern day Parrafin pigeons, but I'm guessing it's Super Hornet.

oh. haha i never woulda caught that. thanks, terry!

well, I got most of the F-18 done. I've got the landing gear and gear doors attached. I've installed the wing tips, stabilators (which move up and down, by the way) and the left and right vertical stablizers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back