Whats on your wrist?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

copcheck

Airman 1st Class
Mar 25, 2011
Clinton Township, MI
I belonged to a forum a few years ago and a member posted a similar thread about everyone's favorite time piece. Because of that thread I decided to purchase my current favorite watch a Luminox #3001, picture below. It's not the classiest watch, but my every day choice. When my wife makes me clean up to go out, I wear a Citizen Eco Drive Titanium.

Since we have so many people from around the world, I would like to hear about some of your favorite time pieces.

Edit: So it looks like I told a lie. I do not have an Eco Drive as I thought (shows how much I wear my Citizen), it's actually a Solar-Tech 180. My apologies.

Attachments

• Luminox.jpeg
    Luminox.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 586
  • Solar-Tech.jpg
    Solar-Tech.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:
plain ole timex alarm, and then won a swiss military one from a radio contest.

I have too many, was on a watch kick back in the 70's, right now between a wonderful thanks to Dad, Swiss time piece in gold/silver, brown leather band, typical all black-studly Timex iron man for work and cycling. an all Indian silver, encrusted turquoise watch and band made by Lorus. avaition watch with too many dials and what-nots I have never figured out. . . . . though rather cool looking I must say

All them hands, small, big, second. Too confusing I like digital. Updates itself every night from the colorado time signal, has built-in solar cells to recharge itself and makes a great cup of coffee.

Attachments

• 11387446-casio-mens-mtg900da-8v-shock-mt.jpg
    11387446-casio-mens-mtg900da-8v-shock-mt.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 598
I'm with Mike. I go digital, Casio Gshock. I use the alarm on it all the time, and back when my knees would permit me to run, I used the stopwatch. I can just glance at it and tell the time, don't have to figger out what all dem dar fancy-pants hands are doin. On the plus side, my daughter has figured out the Indiglo button, and loves to make the watch turn blue. Hey, if it keeps her occupied while I change a poopy, that's good enough for me.

gshock.jpg

I have some fancier watches, a Fossil and something else that I was given when her Dad passed away (the man collected watches like Lucky collects empty beer bottles on payday). I don't think I've even pulled those out of the box in years.

Last edited:
Hairs; I'm retired, so who needs to know the time?
Edgar

You seem to be not alone Edgar :) Me I wear a Citizen on the wrist now I got back in 1997 w/dial chrono blue/turquoise background,leather band and now with a faded gold ring.I also have a another citizen leather gold w/white and gold background.These are not expensive by no means about 200-250 a piece beside my wedding ring the only other jewelry I wear if you call it that.

Max,

I've read a lot about Suunto watches and understand that many countries special forces wear them. I fear my Luminox will have to die before my wife lets me buy a Suunto. That looks very nice though.

I am wearing an old but functional (like myself) Omega Seamaster Professional.. It loses about 1min/mo and for an 'auto' non-digital/batteray operated watch - it is great.. and heavy.

I have various
A velcro strapped Sekonda with hands and a digital display (worn for holidays)
A cheap Casio digital (worn for work)
A stainless steel Sekonda non-digital (worn for days out etc)
A Roamer 1 day wind-up watch which was presented to my father for 10 years service at his employer; back engraved with the details, this was in 1961 (before I was born)

Off the wrist watch topic but I did get a new wall clock for the new house

Attachments

• is.jpg
    is.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back