whats this

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
sorting through a collection of kits that i made back in my teenage years that had survived in my parents loft i came across this kit,i think it was by heller but i can't remember what it is although i think it was Polish,any ideas please chaps

bob520.jpg

bob519.jpg

bob518.jpg

wow yes please ,also camo info would be good,if you can pm me and let me know the cost that would be great,

cheers bob

my 1st job has been to remove the canopy to add a little detail to the interior,pics to follow shortly

Undoubtedly Heller PZL P-23A Karaś. Of course with a few mistakes made by the manufacturer.
Bob all Polish P-23s were painted with the Polish Khaki on upper surfaces and the Light Blue-Grey on undersides. The propeller was black. The fuselage and cockpit interiors were khaki with black indicator panels. The front part of the engine cowling was khaki or brown painted.But it was becoming of rusty colour very quickly. The FS numbers for the main colours are in these profiles by Janusz Światłoń.

Attachments

• PZL P-23 Karas.jpg
    PZL P-23 Karas.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 179
  • P23B_22Esk_2PL.jpg
    P23B_22Esk_2PL.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 142
  • P23B_41Esk_4PL_1939.jpg
    P23B_41Esk_4PL_1939.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 140
  • P23B_55Esk_5PL_1939.jpg
    P23B_55Esk_5PL_1939.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
i've started painting this project using one of the profiles very very kindly provided by Wurger,pics to follow shortly

Man I would hate to be the one stuck in the bottom gun position looks awful cramped. But Looks like a interesting kit to get for my next build.

Oh.. I see. Unfortunately I was missled by the word 'roundel'. Thank you Karl.
Well, these Polish national markings were painted asymmetrically in order to make aiming (targeting) more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back