Whats your greatest fear....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jaysus, that's a lot of those nasty buggers! Ew! :lol:
As Henk said: A little salt, and they die.
My ex and I used salt to get rid of slugs in the tent when we were camping near Salzburg a few years ago, it works like a charm. Just pile some salt on the buggers, and they'll curl up and die from dehydration in a matter of minutes.
Seems like they like the cat food, btw. ;)

You can read more here:
Slugs and Osmosis

Slugs IN your tent??? Dang. Perhaps a little trail of salt just outside the door...?

Heheh, it was this kind of tent, so it wasn't as bad as it sounds, even though the slugs crept up underneath the moisture edge of the tent whenever it rained. And when camping right next to the Alps, you get some rain now and then. ;)

dia1127.jpg

Btw, this is only a 4-person tent - ours was a 6-person size w. 2 cabins for sleeping. Used one for the luggage and the other for sleeping in. Loved the tent, it was sheer luxury.
Btw, so did the slugs. :lol:

Last edited:
looks like one of the mini castles I saw sprawled along the campingplatz's on the shores of the Rhine River last year

looks like a pain in the butt to put up let alone store away conviently, and those mini bikes really crack me up, one of the locals here has one and pedals like a fiend to keep up with us Road heads

UH...that's not a tent...it's a house :lol:

Naaaaah...just because we brought a long a table, two comfortable camping chairs, bought two lamps in Salzburg - one for the table, and one to hang from the roof - plus our gas kitchen stove and cooking gear? :D
No wonder the poor old Scorpio was dragging her tail all the way down there and back home again! ;)

looks like one of the mini castles I saw sprawled along the campingplatz's on the shores of the Rhine River last year

looks like a pain in the butt to put up let alone store away conviently, and those mini bikes really crack me up, one of the locals here has one and pedals like a fiend to keep up with us Road heads

When you're two ppl who sets the thing up, it's no problem. It goes fairly fast, too.
We didn't have any mini bikes, and I totally agree with you - I sometimes see people who is on a sailing holiday, they bring along bikes like this, and it looks hilarious when they come rolling ever so slowly, pedaling like mad. :D

Oh, and to keep in line with the thread title?

I don't like slugs either.
mad0217.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back