Wheels's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great Shots! I was just in Southern California last weekend and visited Planes of Fame for my second time. (went last year as well) I was originally hoping to go to Yanks but it was closed on Sundays so I went to Planes of Fame instead. It was great nonetheless!! Last year though was much better, I went to March AFB, Chino, El Toro, Tustin, (snuck in, both were abandoned), and Los Alamitos. Unfortunately, I was scheduled to play at Los Alamitos this year, but it got canceled at the last minute. :( I did also get to go to the Soviet Foxtrot sub the Scorpion in Long Beach which was very cool! Every time Im down in Socal for water polo it turns more into a warbird/ military adventure trip! :) Btw the first year I went I stopped by Castle AFB on the way there when I drove down. Definitely recommended, they have a B-36, and a Vulcan among others. Very cool!

Great car and pics wheels. I have a 1986 Toyota truck I bought new, 66,000 miles now. I think I'll keep her. :lol: 8)

Great trucks. :thumbup:
I bought a new Toyota pickup a few months after the car.
It had 190,000 miles on it before I totaled it in 2003.
It was still running like a champ when I totaled it.
It was my daily driver for years.

Wheels

I got some pictures of Glacier Girl in August when she was at planes of Fame getting some maintenance done.
I lucked out and saw she was there when I was looking at the Planes of Fame website.

Glacier_01.JPG

Glacier_02.JPG

Glacier_03.JPG

Glacier_04.JPG

Glacier_05.JPG

I've been to Planes of Fame a few times this year and I am planning on sorting through my pics over the holiday and posting some more.
I've got a few pictures of the 109 they are restoring too.

Wheels

Great pics of Glacier Girl!

The history behind her is amazing, and to think not only is she one of the only intact "F" models left in the world, but the only airworthy one, too.

Wow wheels! Those are great shots of Glacier Girl. Someday I'll have to get back to skinning those P-38's, I kind of miss them. I guess I just have to get motivated:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back