Who won Vietnam?!?

Who in your opinion won the Vietnam War?

• NVA (North Vietnamese army)

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • South Vietnamese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • America

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • South Vietnamese and America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stalemete / draw

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for your comments and votes gouys...its been god to have my first post filled with mixed opinions. it has been very interesting reading them.

Rip all thoose who served in Vietnam- on both sides

let's face it, no-one here will fully understand nor should pass any judgement unless you were there .......... all I will say is that when the word Vietnam is pressed close to me, I close up, it was a frickin hell hole and I still hate the tropics to this bloody day

No offence to any americans, but i think the USA should just not have got involved, i think the world police thing is getting to far, that goes for Britain and more economically developed european countries too. we should let countries sort it out between them. this is why were loosing men fighting for lost causes. Vietnam was just a waste of time, money, military, vehicles and lives. thoose who came back, havent got a life, because it had been stolen from fear and horrible experiences.
Sorry to hear that you went to Nam' Erich
i jus hope if i ever join the RAF when im old enough, i wont see any thing like that.

No offence to any americans, but i think the USA should just not have got involved, i think the world police thing is getting to far, that goes for Britain and more economically developed european countries too. we should let countries sort it out between them. this is why were loosing men fighting for lost causes. Vietnam was just a waste of time, money, military, vehicles and lives. thoose who came back, havent got a life, because it had been stolen from fear and horrible experiences.
Sorry to hear that you went to Nam' Erich
i jus hope if i ever join the RAF when im old enough, i wont see any thing like that.
Very correct but here's the beef - While the world would demonize someone like Bush, Regan or even Nixon - JFK was the largest perpetrator of US intervention of any president in the post war years. I know he revered through out the world as one of the greatest US presidents, in reality he was a big scumbag, and I'm being very kind here. Johnson just carried on the same failed policy that Kennedy started and Nixon politicised the situation to ensure his second term. My brother fought there was was actually spat on when he returned home (BTW the couple who spat on them probably never disrespected another Vietnam vet after that fateful encounter)...

well Joe I hope your brother had the nerve to kickem in the nutz and the puss

you are so correct about JFK and Johnson and couple of D**ks. funny isn't it how the forum members have been brought up to believe otherwise through the great source of twisted school text books and the media

My brother fought there was was actually spat on when he returned home (BTW the couple who spat on them probably never disrespected another Vietnam vet after that fateful encounter)...

LOL good on ur bro flyboyj.....dont think anyone deserves that kind of disrespect after going into a bloody battle. thats the last thing i would want from my own country after returning from service.

funny isn't it how the forum members have been brought up to believe otherwise through the great source of twisted school text books and the media

Thats why i hate history lessons....its a load of Bull*hit that you cant tell if is tru or false. You just have to peice together the jigsaw to get the facts from the whole picture

WOW! this is the most intelectual conversation i have had about war!! kids my age are ignorant D*cks. glad to finnaly find my place. Thanks everyone, especially Erich and Flyboyj for the facts.

***woo! 16 in 6 days***

well Joe I hope your brother had the nerve to kickem in the nutz and the puss

you are so correct about JFK and Johnson and couple of D**ks. funny isn't it how the forum members have been brought up to believe otherwise through the great source of twisted school text books and the media

Couldn't agree more!

LOL good on ur bro flyboyj.....dont think anyone deserves that kind of disrespect after going into a bloody battle. thats the last thing i would want from my own country after returning from service.

The incident with my brother happened in Cleveland in the spring of 1969. A couple spat on him as he was walking through the airport - My brother threw both of them through a store front window. A cop grabbed my brother and when he sorted out what happened he had my brother go on his way - you see the cop was a Vietnam Vet...

do u fly the 172 commercially or just for leasure...and for the jets, did u need any qualifications like a university degree?

Thanks...jus need some career advice

do u fly the 172 commercially or just for leasure...and for the jets, did u need any qualifications like a university degree?

You don't need a college degree to fly. I don't know if in Britain they require a college degree in order to become a commissioned officer. However, the easiest way to get to fly, unless you were born w/ a silver spoon in your mouth, is to fly and let the gov't pay for it! However, don't do that just to fly - only fly for you country if your heart's in service to your country. The guys whose hearts aren't in service of their country and just want free flight training usually wash out of flight school.

I'm halfway to my naval aviator wings with the USMC. Granted, it's US - but I would think British training has similar opportunities.

My background is in aircraft maintenance - After many years of procrastinating I decided to get my PPL. After that i decided to become a flight instructor, something I do "part time.

The jet time was something I got to do because of my maintenance background - I traded maintenance services for flight time. It also helps when your father in law is a pilot too and knows some folks with privately owned jets.

Listen to mkloby - he hit the nail on the head!

thanks guys...i shud be going solo this year in a 152...ill try and get into the RAF
thanks for the advice

In the UK you don't need to have a degree to become an officer, in the RN over a third of the officers started as other ranks but to fly as a pilot I believe that you do need to get a degree.

One thing that bothered me about this thread:
abhiginimav said:
i think the world police thing is getting to far, that goes for Britain and more economically developed european countries too. we should let countries sort it out between them. this is why were loosing men fighting for lost causes.
We should let countries just sort it out??? Like the way Iraq did with Kuwait??? Or the same way North Korea wants to with the South??? What about the way Rwanda and Cambodia handled their internal squabbles??? How many hundreds of thousands died cause the "World Police" decided to sit those ones out???

Maybe even, dare I say it, Milosivich and Saddam should have been left alone and do whatever they wanted to....

Ethnic fu*kin cleansing and genocide.....

Gimmie a break kid, the world does need help...

One thing that bothered me about this thread:
We should let countries just sort it out??? Like the way Iraq did with Kuwait??? Or the same way North Korea wants to with the South??? What about the way Rwanda and Cambodia handled their internal squabbles??? How many hundreds of thousands died cause the "World Police" decided to sit those ones out???

Maybe even, dare I say it, Milosivich and Saddam should have been left alone and do whatever they wanted to....

Ethnic fu*kin cleansing and genocide.....

Gimmie a break kid, the world does need help...

Well said Les.

On the 2nd part - things done in every war are going to be sickening. Not to diminish the reality of it, but I think that's one thing that will always remain constant in warfare. I'll find that out firsthand soon enough...

I still think about the things that I have seen. My buddy still jumps when a car backfires and on New Years he sat huddled in his house because the noises from the fire works scared him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back