Willi Reschke Joe Owsianik -meeting after 63 years

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Absolutely awesome stuff Roman... Excellent pics as well.... Were there any tears shed Im wondering???

Hi LES,

sure- in my eyes and in Willi´s as well when we were saying goodbye. You know- to get these two together did mean a lot of research, corresponce, free time and a lot of understanding from my family, especially my wife.
But NOTHING CAN´ T BEAT THAT FEELING WHEN THEY MET. We spent there 2 hours in the pub where usually former German fighters from Thüringen (a part of Germany where Willi lives) meet and it was for a very first time when some American, a former enemy, went there.
I still can´t believe it. This way I wanna thank to Willi Reschke, his son, Joe Owsianik, all my friends and my family for supporting me...

Nice weekend

Last edited:
RIP.
salute.png

image.png
I'm very sorry to inform you that Willi Reschke passed away few moments ago (July 5 2017). I´ll never forget the moments spent with him and his son during our visits in Germany and the Czech republic.Willi´s meeting with my friend Joe was one of the most touching moments in my research...
Blue skies Willi!
2006 2006 – WILLI RESCHKE | Letecká bitva Karpaty
2007 2007 – WILLI RESCHKE & JOSEPH OWSIANIK | Letecká bitva Karpaty

Oh man, sorry to hear that. He was a great man. I am glad I had the opportunity to learn from him (through you of course my friend.).

Blue skies and tail winds Willi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back