Wind Turbine Blades Being Transported

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've seen 3 big farms, one up in Wyoming, one in se Colorado or maybe northern Oklahoma and just recently on the drive to and from Florida on I-70 around the Hays Kansas area if I remember correctly. Atleast seventy of them...

Take a look at this one, the prop of a std. Danish windmill lying on the ground beside a car:
img_468a4c11ea835.jpg

img_468a4be2d310b.jpg

This is a pretty good pic as-well:
vindmoelle_paa_raekke31.jpg

Soren they are all about that big...

Nope, I've been to nearly all of Europe and in Denmark the average windmill is larger. The ones I posted pictures of aren't the largest, just the std. ones.

Some more of the std. sized ones, this is close to where I live:
Molle%20(Large).jpg

Nope, I've been to nearly all of Europe and in Denmark the average windmill is larger. The ones I posted pictures of aren't the largest, just the std. ones.

Yes Soren they must be because of two reasons:

1. You said so.

2. They are from Denmark and you are from Denmark.

But lets see, you might want to rethink that.

The standard windmill in Germany now is the E-112 (112m diameter) and has replaces the E-40 (40m diameter). Ofcourse the E-40 that were built in the 90s are still in use though.

The largest wind turbines in the world are the German Enercon E-126 wind turbines. They are 198m (650ft) high, have a blade diameter of 126m (413ft).

Germany is the world's largest user of wind power with an installed capacity of 22,3 GW in 2007, ahead of USA which had an installed capacity of 16,8 GW. More than 19,460 wind turbines are located in the German federal area and the country has plans to build more wind turbines.

Wind power currently produces about six percent of Germany's total electrical power and it is said that no other country has more technological know-how in this area. Wind power in Germany provides over 70,000 people with jobs and German wind energy systems are also exported. The Fuhrländer Wind Turbine Laasow, built in 2006 near the village of Laasow, Brandenburg, is the tallest wind turbine in the world.

Before the E-126 the E-112 built by the same company in Germany was the worlds largest.

New Record: World's Largest Wind Turbine (7+ Megawatts) >> MetaEfficient Reviews »» MetaEfficient Reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back