Winter Olympics Torino 2006

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't be sad, cause it looks like our Hockeyists are getting the Gold medal. After two periods of game Czech Rep - Sweden, it is 3-6... :(

the saddest part is our olympic games commision said their target for the entire games was one, yes just one medal, my they'll be glad we did fantastically well and have completed their target ;)

Hehe.

As I said, the little Czechians got kicked their arses by Swedes...

Czech Republic - Sweden 3:7 (1:2, 2:4, 0:1)

so they'll be playing for Bronze tomorrow from one of the pair Finland - Russia.

Attachments

• 65qluaf_gallery_183.jpg
    65qluaf_gallery_183.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 71usgrq_gallery_193.jpg
    71usgrq_gallery_193.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 179
the lancaster kicks ass said:
the saddest part is our olympic games commision said their target for the entire games was one, yes just one medal, my they'll be glad we did fantastically well and have completed their target ;)
well maybe if you had mountains and snow and lakes or rivers that froze you could expect more medals after all the UK not known as very wintry place :p maybe you could get the British Olympic comission to get sheep shearing as an olympic event

The Pennines aren't exactly the Alps and with the temperatures in the UK the snow is probably very wet(slush) and having to train abroad would probably mean you get a later start on the various disciplines it would be hard to catch up on somebody who has access to the resources close at hand on a day to day basis

4000 ft is higher than any point in the province of Ontario I was just stating that the UK is not a winter sport country if I'm incorrect I apologize.

i watched the Cz - Russia game, the fisrt time i've really watched a full match of ice hockey, one question just outta interest, are then any rules about what you or your oponents can do behind your own goal line? like behind the goal and backwards of that line?

no there are no special rules that i can recall . If you are thinking about the Russian guy getting a "red card" he leapt at the Czech guy and hit him from behind which are 2 infractions . You commented earlier about the lack of medals for the UK what you might try is getting the British Olympic Committee to lobby for new sports to be included some suggestions for these sports are Downhill Speed Skating or the Involuntary Luge

i wanted the swedes to win... they had the better kits ;)

and don't worry, we're gonna bias the London Olypics so heavily we're bound to get two or three medals ;) with new sports such as queing, which team can form the straightest, most orderly que in the shortest space of time (kinda like a push start), and then sustain it for the longest, followed by tea making extreme.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back