Winter Olympics Torino 2006

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2004
Praga Mater Urbium
Post your country's awards and winnings here.

Czech Rep.

Ladies' 15 km Pursuit (7.5+7.5) - 12 February 2006
Katerina Neumannová - Silver medal

Ice Hockey - 15 February 2006
Czech Rep. - Germany: 4-1

Ice Hockey - 16 February 2006
Czech Rep. - Switzerland: 2-3 :(

Attachments

• 21jekpu_top2sirka_109.jpg
    21jekpu_top2sirka_109.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 495
  • torino_logo_big_357.gif
    torino_logo_big_357.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 244
sadly I have not been wtching closely enough as our TV coverage is just plain poor and I am at work or someplace else.........

I think the US has bagged the mens snowboard Golds, not sure of the women and also 1 guy I think ? clinched 2 golds in the speed skating.

question and more of an observation, and I could be wrong ........ but why do the figure skating guys look a little fruity for the top standings ? - From the same generic mold I wonder - :shock:

Pisis said:
Post your country's awards and winnings here.

Czech Rep.

Ladies' 15 km Pursuit (7.5+7.5) - 12 February 2006
Katerina Neumannová - Silver medal

Ice Hockey - 15 February 2006
Czech Rep. - Germany: 4-1

Ice Hockey - 16 February 2006
Czech Rep. - Switzerland: 2-3 :(

Pisis, you hear that Hasik is down and most likely out? Thats really to bad, all of in Canada are so sad to hear that. :D Really now do think your hockey team still has a good chance ? I think so. Good luck

Pisis said:
Yeah, Vokoun is way better then Hašek...
but throw in Elias who is also hurt I think the loss of Hasek is gonna hurt you I figured the Czechs as one of the teams for the Gold but now I'll go with the Russians

Pisis said:
Yeah, Vokoun is way better then Hašek...

What? Ok now I am no fan of Hasek, but I give the devil his due. Hasek is or has been one of the top 3 goalies for years now. He is sick good in the net, don't really like him but he can stop pucks. Vokoun is not as good as Hasek, not yet anyways. I can't believe this would ever happen I am defending Hasek, yikes thats hard to believe. He didn't look so good when he faced Switzerland.

Hašek is just an old lazy ass. I don't say he's good, he's damn good, but in my opinion Vokoun is now better. I don't have access to watch the NHL though, so I can't be sure. But from what I've learned from the newspapers and what I've seen last year in the Championship, I bet Vokoun.

What about Canada? I even don't know who's the goalie there... Brodeur? Or is he retired yet? ... :rolleyes:

no brodeur is still playing he is still young at 33\35 and now the swiss beat canada for the first time ever I'll have to put myself in for suicide watch

Ice Hockey - 18 February 2006
Czech Rep. - Finland: 2-4 (and Jagr injured by this Finnish bastard Rutttu... Fortunately it is just some stitches...)

Today playing against Italy, after 2 period the score is 3-0 for Czechs. :)

yeah, damn canadian hockey.... just shooting the puck in the OZ.... this one game was excellently ugly...

well Vokoun certainly looked pretty lame and Brodeur stole the game for Canada the gold looks like its up for grabs this year should be great to watch

Czech Rep.

Ladies' 30 km Pursuit Cross Country - 24 February 2006
Katerina Neumannová - Gold medal!!!
Yeaa!

Attachments

• 02niryv_gallery_881.jpg
    02niryv_gallery_881.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 96jwtmq_gallery_313.jpg
    96jwtmq_gallery_313.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 175

Users who are viewing this thread