World Cup

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now having said this I am so very pround of the German National Mannschaft adn what they have accomplished in banding a nation together and I hope this new found that people have found in there country will not go away easily.

Today the people were still wearing there Germans flags around there necks and waving them from the cars. I hope it stays this way.

I was pissed about the dives too. It adds nothing to the game and FIFA needs to crackdown on this.

I bet it would stop if you go down and wince with pain, youre sent off the field untill you feel better. of course that means your team will be shorthanded for awhile.

I cant wait untill the US gets the cup again. The Rose Bowl is one of the finest stadiums in the world to play a final in. It was great to be in Southern Cal in 1994!

The only reason I did not like it when it was in the US was because the stadiums are so far apart from one another. I like it when they are closer like in smaller countries, ie. Germany, Korea/Japan, France, etc...

It was mentioned on the sports radio here that the refs have fan clubs and trading cards :shock:in Europe tell me this is not true

Well I dont want the French to win, but due to my feelings about the Italian players and the way they played against Germany, I dont believe that Italy deserves teh World Cup and want France win.

Adler, I can understand the 'pissment' of the German supporters, I was pissed the same in 1990 when Argentina won at the penalty 'lottery' with Italy.
And I was pissed at the European, when France won with the 'golden goal' after Italy had played much better than them.

But this time is wrong to complain about the way the match was played or about the referee, Germany did not play better than Italy.
And there were no purpose-made dives in the match, there was not a single free-kick obtained in that way.

Just look at the stats: Italy was superior in ball possession (57 vs 43%), in shoots on goal (10 vs 2), in corner kicks (12 vs 4), had offside called 11 times vs 2 (and by the way some of them were wrong calls, as always happens in all matches). About the referee, he did a good job (the match was very correct) but if we want to be picky his biggest mistake was in favor of Germany, when he completely invented a free kick (36' of 2nd half) that Ballack shooted too high.

Germany-Italy should have been the final instead of the semi-final, but it went this way.

Anyway don't worry: there are good chances that France will win on Sunday !

That´s my estimation, too. Italy -hands down- played better and more attractive. Perhaps this was it´s best game so far. I would like to see Italy winning (last time we got the title was in Italy, so why shouldn´t they get the title in Germany? -would be fair-) but for me it´s a hard decision with France in mind. They improved game by game and had quite a difficult way to the finals (including Spain, Brasil and Porto, compare Italy´s somehow lucky way: Australia, Ucraina and Germany). However, Forza Italia!

Parmigiano said:
Adler, I can understand the 'pissment' of the German supporters, I was pissed the same in 1990 when Argentina won at the penalty 'lottery' with Italy.
And I was pissed at the European, when France won with the 'golden goal' after Italy had played much better than them.

But this time is wrong to complain about the way the match was played or about the referee, Germany did not play better than Italy.
And there were no purpose-made dives in the match, there was not a single free-kick obtained in that way.

Just look at the stats: Italy was superior in ball possession (57 vs 43%), in shoots on goal (10 vs 2), in corner kicks (12 vs 4), had offside called 11 times vs 2 (and by the way some of them were wrong calls, as always happens in all matches). About the referee, he did a good job (the match was very correct) but if we want to be picky his biggest mistake was in favor of Germany, when he completely invented a free kick (36' of 2nd half) that Ballack shooted too high.

Germany-Italy should have been the final instead of the semi-final, but it went this way.

Anyway don't worry: there are good chances that France will win on Sunday !

No where did I say the Germans outplayed the Italians, in contrary I said the Germans were too slow on the ball and the Italians made better with there chances.

However if you deny to me that the Italians were taking too many dives and faking too many injuries, and causing to many penelties (that were not called by the ref) then you are blind or did not watch the game.

My two favorites was where Balack had a perfect chance on the goal but the Italian player used his arm to block the ball (it was shown over and over in replays during and after the game, that it was not on accident and done on purpose). The Ref did not call this penelty and it would have been an 11m kick in regulation time which means the game never would have gone to Overtime and Italy would not have won.

The other being when the Italian player jumped up on Ballacks back and then rolled over pretending to be hurt to get a penelty of Ballack. The Ref finally made a good call and went over and told the guy to get off the ground and play football, that he was not hurt.

This went on the whole game!

The Ref was blind or very one sided.

That is why I do not think that Italy deserves the World Cup.

Thank you Delcyros, just one small detail: let's be politically correct and use 'Viva Italia', as 'Forza Italia' is the name of the political party of Mr Berlusconi :) :)

About the final, my heart wants to say 'Italy', but my mind is less enthusiastic.
The match looks very equilibrated, both France and Italy have 3-4 players that can win the game but the French (Zidane, Henry, Vieira) are in better shape (Totti just recovered from a broken leg and is no more than 60% of potential right now)
The good for Italy is that the French guys seems not to have 'gasoline' for the full match (they all looked very tired yesterday in the last 15 min)
So, if we are able to hold for 60-70 minutes our chances should increase towards the end or in the overtime.
The point is that I believe that the 'frogs' will be able to score a goal in the 1st half, and it will be difficult to recover.
All in all I say 55% France and 45% Italy, also because the mental pressure of the bad tradition this time will work against the Italians (I believe that tuesday the Germans had a bit more pressure because of the thought of 1970, 1982 and the match played this february that ended 4-1 for Italy, and that this extra pressure was not good for them)

Well Zidan just got a red card. That sucks it was last game ever as well.

I think the Italian that he head butted (if you wish to call it that, I dont know what to call it, it was like he tried to head a ball but substituded the Italian players body with his head) deserved it though. He held Zidan so that he could not run very blatently, by completly wrapping his arm around Zidans chest. As Zidan walked away the Italian player followed him and was talking trash to him, Zidan turned around and the guy continued to speak so Zidan hit him.

The Italians are actually doing just what they did to the Germans but atleast the Ref is not blind in this game. Only 1 minute into the game Henry was hurt pretty bad by an Italian player (do not think it was intentionally because Henry did not see the Italian but the Italian may have buffed up to check him). Doubt it was on purpose though. Then later in the same half a French player is kicked by an Italian in the penely box. Atleast the Ref saw and awarded Zidan a penelty kick which he scored on to make it 1-1. Right now it is 1-1 with 11 Italians playing against 10 French. It will go to 11m penelty kicks here in a couple of minutes.

I do not like the French but I think they deserve the World Cup better than the Italians.

is there any way that both teams can be dis-qualified and the cup be given to Germany ? 8) found the Portugal/German affair on the Hispanic channel quite exciting, the only goal by Portugal came off perfectly but otherwise their team seem to respond to the German attaks like a bunch of slugs

Go USA !!!! ............ oooooooooooooops sorry :lol:

Well if FIFA had not covered up the Italian doping scandal then it would have been Germany vs. France instead and Portugal automatically 3rd place.

The game is over 6-5 for Italy in 11m kicks.

I will be the good sportsman and say congratulations to Italy.

It was a good game until the sending off. Well done to Italy.

zidane.gif

Dam French, the dam Italians took it. Well the prodiction they made here was correct then, sh*t I should have put money on it, would have been rich, most thought it would be Germany or Brazil.

I watched the entire game, and the 1st half, the Italians owned the French... Then, in the second, the Eyetyes ran out of gas and were basically walking and jogging around... I cant believe the French didnt capitalize on this, but then again, when that cheap fu*k Zidane decided to headbutt Materazzi in the chest and got red-carded, the Italians didnt capitalize on the man down.......

The Italians deserved this win...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back