Worlds Greatest Percussionist/Drummer.... (1 Viewer)

Worlds Greatest Percussionist / Drummer....

• Jimmy Chamberlain (Smashing Pumpkins)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Cameron (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam)

• Tim Alexander (Primus)

• Danny Carey (Tool)

• Tommy Aldridge (Ozzy Osbourne)

• Alex Van Halen (Van Halen)

• Dave Grohl (Nirvana)

• Dave Lombardo (Slayer)

• Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine)

• Chris Kontos (Machine Head)

• Greg Bissonette (Joe Satriani)

• Jon Fishman (Phish)

• Phil Rudd (AC/DC)

• Clive Bunker (Jethro Tull)

• Keith Moon (The Who)

• Ian Paice (Deep Purple)

• Terry Bozzio (Frank Zappa)

• Ginger Baker (Cream)

• Hal Blaine (Session man)

• Mitch Mitchell

• Ringo Star

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oops thought I had multiple votes, would have voted for Moon.
Peart's fine but combined w/ Entwistle's bass,Kieth gave "Who" tunes more bottom than ANY rock Quartet, before or since.
Also list suffers from the fallowing omissions, Gene Crupa (Hope I spelled that right .), Mitch Mitchell (Most progressive.) and, dare I say it, Ringo Star (sadly a very underrated talent.)

Portnoy for me.
The man is a machine!!!!!!

Saw him at G3 last December. I dunno who I watched more him or Petrucci..

Portnoy is good.....no great.....no, he's genious. I give the edge to Neil Peart because it seems that everything Portnoy does, Neil already did.

But that's just me. Dream Theatre is greatness but I wish they would do a bit more mainstream stuff instead of all the intellectual, deep thought music so they would get more air play.

Neil Peart. But believe it or not these Stewart Copeland is a close second if you've ever had the pleasure to see this dude. And also, close seconds

The Hammer - John Bonham (And look at the small kit he plays too!)
Buddy Rich
Carl Palmer - Emerson Lake and Palmer (God they were a good band)

Ya may be right.

But as with any "Best of.." its a matter of personal taste. I just seem to think Bonham had more feel than Peart. Instead of just keeping time and trying to impress the music professors out there the things he could do with 3/4 timing, Bonham just moved with the music. Listen for the symbal crashes in "Kashmir". The double snare hits in "Fool In The Rain". The moving drum beats in "Out On The Tiles" or "Four Sticks".

I love Peart too. "Red Barchetta" is one of my all time favorite songs (should make an interesting movie!). But I just think Bonham had it better.

:)

As a drummer, I feel Neil Peart is both the best drummer and also the most depressing to listen to 'cause I will NEVER EVER get to be anywhere near that good!

Also, a mention of Danny Seraphine of Chicago is in order 'cause that man was GOOD.

tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back