1:200 partwork Bismarck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Peebs

Senior Airman
Apr 7, 2010
Werribee Vic
As promised some pix of my Bismarck project....... Its 1.25m long, still trying to work out where I'm going to display it when its done lol

pete
bis001.jpg

bis002.jpg

bis003.jpg

bis004.jpg

bis005.jpg

Wow,nice job so far Pete.8)
I was wondering how big the 1/200 kits were and boy,that's huge!:shock:
Cheers,
Tony.

Kit, or scratch-build? Frikkin NICE!!! :thumbleft:

(btw...if kit, what company? If scratch....could I get a copy of your plans?[-o<)

Last edited:
Its a partwork kit from hatchette publishing in the UK. Available here in Oz through bissett magazines.
The info and instruction books that come with each issue have the Amati emblem on them.

I Think I read somewhere that Amati were going to release it as a kit, but don't hold me to it.

I guess your best port of call RabidAlien,would be to email Hatchette and see if they can line you up with a U.S distributor.

Oh and as a footnote, I know Hatchette have released a lancaster in partwork form, I emailed to find out if it was to be released here in Oz and they got back to me and said to contact Bissett which I've yet to do.

cheers
pete

Holy smokes man, that's friggin' awesome! I'm curious too whether this is a kit or, if not, what your reference sources are. Details, Pete! And more pics as you go please.

Looks great. Looks like you strip planked the hull, how hard was that?
Now you just have to hope some Brits don't come along and sink her on her maiden voyage;)

Beautiful! That's going to be one impressive display piece once finsihed!
RA, if you're really interested in ship kits, then two places to contact might have, or direct you to, kits of the Bismark. They aren't cheap, but work out a lot less than buying the parts via the weekly/monthly magazine route, something in the region of a 6th of the cost.
The comapnies are both UK based, with the first being an Italian parent company I believe.
Mantua Models
White Ensign Models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back