1:32 scale Lancaster Mk.1 Hachette Partworks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, Guys and Andy, thanks for the offer of those photos of the bomb bay side walls. They'll be invaluable when I come to finish the bay.

Regards,

Gerry

Great stuff Gerry. Apologies for the delay in getting the pics to you - just had to replace the bulb/tube in my scanner!
I'll get them done, and also scan anything else which may be useful, and sent by the weekend at latest.

Thanks Gnomey, Terry and Jerry. And Terry, no problems - I appreciate the gesture.

Gerry

Take the herb called Melisa ( lemon balm ) ... it is less harmful than pills. :lol:

Thanks Ian, Aviatik, Wurger, Matt, Wayne Jan. I'll need some of those pills before too long! Ian I take your point on the armour. In isolation, it doesn't look too bad but when juxtaposed against the photo it's too short. However, as the photo appears to have been taken on a very wide angle lens, I think the height is exaggerated somewhat. I will have a look at it again before it's installed. I haven't dug out the cockpit canopy yet but if there's any headroom I'll look at increasing the height of the armour.

Cheers,

Gerry

Hi Gerry. As promised, I'm posting here your bomb bay pics from the Nanton Lancaster for your reference and for anyone else who's interested. The Nanton Lanc is still on a long road to restoration so the interior is not perfectly replicated to the original factory form. You'll see a few disconnected hoses unfortunately. The pictures start with the forward bulkhead (sorry about the speakers - they were installed for the PA system today) and work their way clockwise toward the rear down the starboard side to the rear bulkhead, then back forward along the port wall. The pictures overlap so, if you are keen, you can count the frames all the way to the back for positioning reference. The final 3 pictures are of the ceiling working from front to back.

130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba01.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba02.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba03.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba04.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba05.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba06.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba07.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba08.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba09.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba10.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba11.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba12.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba13.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba14.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba15.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba16.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba17.jpg
130511 Nanton Lanc Bomb Ba18.jpg

Gerry, did you get my e-mail with the photos and Avro drawings? Just asking, as I lost all my all my computer settings and e-mail functions! Just managed to sort it and re-install everything now!
EDIT: Great pics Andy, and a useful shot of the bomb carriers. These were attached to the bombs before loading, and the fuse pin wires attached, when they were then winched into position, locked in place, and the release mechanisms connected.
When the bombs were released, the carrier stayed on the aircraft, to be used again.

Last edited:
Andy and Terry, thanks to you both.

Andy, that's a really useful set of references, not just for me, but for anyone who wants to super-detail the Lanc bomb bay. Also some really clear refs of the bomb slips, as a bonus! Thanks for taking the trouble of making the trip and posting them.

Terry, yes, just checked e-mail and your refs had arrived. Again, reflecting my message to Andy, very useful, clear references and thanks once again for taking the trouble to dig them out and post them. I can honestly say that without the generous input of members of this forum, my builds would be not nearly as detailed or accurate, without your invaluable help. Unfortunately, now I have nowhere to hide...

I can only reiterate my offer of help from this end if there is anything you need that I can source from here.

Kindest regards,

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back