1/48 ICM spitfire MK.IX MTO Gruop Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me too! The reviews are good, and the only error I know of is the control column grip, which is minor, and easily rectified if required.

Hi guys

If you look at the parts you can see that the control column is square, antway here is the finished complete engine fixed to the firewall ( tried to put some oil stains on :oops: ).
RR1.jpg

RR2.jpg

RR3.jpg

Looking good Keith. I wouldn't worry too much about oil stains, the Merlin was a 'clean' engine generally, and any leaks, oil or coolant, were normally, if at all, from hose unions on the bottom end.

Hi AK

I have found the instructions a little bit all over the place. I have had to look at them three to four times to make whats what.

My oppinion is that they could be better to follow ( they need some one who actually builds these kits to put them right ).

Build wise it's going ok.

Hi AK

I have found the instructions a little bit all over the place. I have had to look at them three to four times to make whats what.

My oppinion is that they could be better to follow ( they need some one who actually builds these kits to put them right ).

Build wise it's going ok.

Thanks mate! That's good to know!

Evan

Here are the pics of the finished cockpit ( notice the control column ) which is wrong. this is what came with the kit.

spit IX COCKPIT.jpg

spit IX COCKPIT2.jpg

spit IX COCKPIT3.jpg

spit IX COCKPIT4.jpg

spit IX COCKPIT5.jpg

Nice work Keith, looks like some nice detail there too. It's a bit late now, but for future reference, if or when you do another Spit, the actual instrument panel was black, with the frame below in Cockpit Green. I'm guessing the instructions said green, quite a few do! Still looks bl**dy good though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back