1/48 ICM spitfire MK.IX MTO Gruop Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice info Wojtek! BTW Keith, the 'red handle' mentioned as the throttle, is not the throttle control. This quadrant box held the boost, throttle and propellor pitch control levers, the throttle lever itself is the one with the long grip, protruding into the cockpit.

Thanks guys

tried to dry fit the fuselage. Its a bit off. With the engine fitted it seams to be high and offset. ALL dry fitted.
Some work to do :oops:. As this is just out of box will try my best to fix these problems

Hi guys

Sorry, going to pull out of the MTO build today as i have fu###d up BIG time :oops:

The fusalage halves are about 3-4mm out in length ( one is longer than the other ) the canopy ( broken front part trying to fit rear mirror:oops: ) is miles out making this model look awfull.As i have no other model kits :oops:

DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS JUST MY KIT OR NOT.

So with regret i am having to withdraw sorry for the inconveniance i have caused with this build.

Thanks guys

To much putty needed and scratch building( which i can't do,as i am not skilled enough ) to make a decent piece kit model. it's not worth saving. I will continue to build it and paint it and show pics when done.THANKS for the encouragement.

Me too...

Worst comes to the worst, you can have my fueslage halves..got the same kit. (I know someone who'll be able to use the other parts too). Have a vacform canopy for you too if you need it.

(clashed posts!)

Dam that really stinks. Sorry to hear that.

The cockpit is awesome so I hope you can finissh the rest of it.!

Last edited:
That sucks ellis995, what about converting to an abandoned wreck or crashed model. Then all the parts would not be needed and have some fun with it at the same time.

Thanks Micdrow

Never thought of that.

Anybody got any ideas :?: :D

I will try and see if I can find something in the next couple of days if no one else posts as Im working 10 hour day tommorrow, 9 more on Saturday and another 6 on Sunday and then start another 10 hour week on Monday.

We will see what we can find. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back