1/48 P-40 "Flying Tigers" - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, Andy!
Now to the choice, Bob or George. I purely hate the fact that most models do not include seat harnesses, so that is why I got good at painting pilot figures.
When it comes down to it, it will be the one that fits best. Some modifications are occasionally required. I will keep you posted.

p404.jpg

Hey give me a shout Charles, I'm having custom ones printed and they cost no more if I throw on a couple others!!!!!!!!
Juat tell me which ones........... or both?

Thanks, Andy!
Now to the choice, Bob or George. I purely hate the fact that most models do not include seat harnesses, so that is why I got good at painting pilot figures.
When it comes down to it, it will be the one that fits best. Some modifications are occasionally required. I will keep you posted.

View attachment 247078

Hey................... are they holding hands?

Hey................... are they holding hands?

No.
They are NOT holding hands. ***(P.C. alert!)*** Not that there would be anything wrong with that, of course....Ahem,...
But they appear to have their arms linked. Maybe they are close friends?

There are some fit problems with the cockpit back wall, some trimming is needed. I decided on a Monogram gunner figure to represent the Pilot, Bob Neale. It fits, and I will be able to paint it up quite nicely.
The process starts with a coat of black paint.
p407.jpg
p406.jpg
p405.jpg

Your fuselage has the same blue camo as mine has right now. I wish every kit came with a pilot. I gotta Twilight Zone thing happening in my basement; seven flying aircraft, no pilots.

Geo

What kind of a thread IS this.......................

What have you got him doing now?????????????

Your fuselage has the same blue camo as mine has right now. I wish every kit came with a pilot. I gotta Twilight Zone thing happening in my basement; seven flying aircraft, no pilots.

Geo

I never use my pilot figures and can send you what I have if you want Geo. Mostly 1/48.

Looking good there Paul.

What kind of a thread IS this.......................

What have you got him doing now?????????????

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ!!!! I just saw it Bill. We're going to need an adult here(If we can find one). Thanks for the offer Andy. Most of my "flyers are twin and four engines, and even then the undercarriage doors have to close properly. I will keep you in mind though as I have several large aircraft in the pile.

Geo

I thank you, gentlemen.
I painted the gauges and the added a drop of white glue for the glass over them.
Bob Neale isn't quite done yet. He looks a little rough.

p408.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back