1/48th Testors U-2C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good mate.But could you tell me why you had attached wings before you put the fuselage halves together?

Looking good mate.But could you tell me why you had attached wings before you put the fuselage halves together?

I like to build my models to be strong (I have children, after all!) and, between that and the fact that I try to apply the glue (in this case, superglue, or cyanoacrylate) where it won't be seen (and won't mar the exterior finish), I like to assemble the pieces and then, if possible, apply the glue from the inside (where it won't be seen), as opposed to the outside. It makes for some interesting construction steps (I like to say I build my models "sideways"), but it's worked out pretty well so far. For instance, the fuel/sensor pods on the wings were actually attached one half at a time; I glued the bottom half of the fuel/sensor pods to the bottom half of each wing so that I could apply the glue to the inside of the pod. Then I glued the top half of the wings on, then the top half of the fuel/sensor pod. I believe it makes for a stronger construction.

An interesting way of assembling really.:) But what do you do when the wing dihedral appears incorrect?

The good Doctor always playing in the what ifs, what a man! :D

Nice work stich, glossy black is quite intimidating!

Okay, I'm back, but under a different user name (long story); I'm afraid I haven't progressed much since my last post, I got temporarily side-tracked by a 1/48th ACH-47A (AND a 1/48th CH-46E SOF "Bulldog"!). Rest assured, I will continue on the U-2C, and post some pictures as soon as I make some progress. Sorry for the delay!

Last edited:
Here are a couple of updated photos on my "in progress" U-2; haven't had much of a chance to work on it lately, got lots of other stuff going on, but here they are:

Here's what the jet pipe I added looks like; haven't painted it yet, obviously:

P4030022.jpg

Here's a better 3/4 shot of the fuselage:

P4030023.jpg

I doubt I'll have any time to work on it this weekend, so don't expect any more pictures until next month sometime. Sry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back