1/72 Daimler-Benz Spitfire EN830 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have never seen clamps like them!!!!!!!!!! Micro Mark hasum 6 for 6 bucks..... or 50 of the buggers for 17 bucks.... what a bloody bargain........ are they the same ones?

You think we should have a thread to see who has the most kits going at the same time??????

Last edited:
Yeah about that, I'm not sure I want to publicly admit how many I have going at one time, or more accuratly started but not completed. :oops:

I hear ya Bud;nice project you got going and interesting how to scale the 110 parts fit frame of the Spit.Cheers

Hey there H, Right now it's sitting on the edge of my bench while I'm trying to finish the Blenheim for the BoB GB. I have so many projects going on that I might skip the next GB so I can catchup. Projects with deadlines are killing me. What's new with you? How's the new school year going?

Hey there H, Right now it's sitting on the edge of my bench while I'm trying to finish the Blenheim for the BoB GB. I have so many projects going on that I might skip the next GB so I can catchup. Projects with deadlines are killing me. What's new with you? How's the new school year going?

Time for the nose job
DoctorBefore.jpg

Here is the replacement nose and the host. After a bit more filing I got the nose just about where I feel it should be.

IMG_2399.jpg

Using some Evergreen 0.13mm plastic I build out the receiving portion of the fuselage so the new nose has something to hold onto.

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

The first layer of filler
IMG_2408.jpg

Now like with any nose surgery we have to wait for the swelling to go down.

DoctorAfter.jpg

Till next time...

Not much progress last night. Spent a lot of time sanding, filling, sanding and then refilling. A little acetone nail polish remover) on the trailing edge help speed along the blending of the filler.

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

Once the rough sanding was done I applied Mr Surface 500 to the area. Once dry the sanding will continue

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

Over all I'm not unhappy with the early results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back