1/72 Italeri Hs 126 B1; MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks DBII.

Here's a shot of the resprayed fuselage.

IMG_0148v2.jpg

The masked off areas have the white theatre band and the blue underside in preparation for the mottling. :)

You can probably see the old darker version of the RLM 79 on the tape on the underside of the fuselage.

Good work man!...you gotta be careful sometimes with colours....amazing how you can get such a difference!

Learned a valuable lesson on this one. I have seen differences between RLM colors before with different paint BRANDS before since I use both model master acryl and pollyscale but never such a variation between colors WITHIN a brand. I'm still amazed that the colors are THAT different. I really like the new color a LOT better - it's much closer to what it should be.

Great work Dwight!

With the paint, looks to me like the labels are different on the pots, which suggests a time difference between the manufacture of the batches. As any painter and decorator knows, you always order more paint than you need for the job, as no two batches are ever mixed exactly the same.
That there is such a huge difference in this case could mean that either a) one of the pots is MUCH older, and has changed colour with age (as is typical of any paint over time), or b) that the company has changed their mixing ratio at some point to create a more realistic colour, possibly in light of new research.

Evan

(Glad you're back on your feet again too!)

Great work Dwight!

With the paint, looks to me like the labels are different on the pots, which suggests a time difference between the manufacture of the batches. As any painter and decorator knows, you always order more paint than you need for the job, as no two batches are ever mixed exactly the same.
That there is such a huge difference in this case could mean that either a) one of the pots is MUCH older, and has changed colour with age (as is typical of any paint over time), or b) that the company has changed their mixing ratio at some point to create a more realistic colour, possibly in light of new research.

Evan

(Glad you're back on your feet again too!)

Thanks Evan. And good spot on the labels. I double checked them and indeed there is a big time difference between them. :)

Camo in progress. Here's a pic of the hand cut mask I am going to use for the parasol wing.

Attachments

• IMG_0222v2.JPG
    IMG_0222v2.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 121
And here's the parasol wing after the camo has been applied:

Attachments

• IMG_0224v2.JPG
    IMG_0224v2.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0227v2.JPG
    IMG_0227v2.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 117