1/72 Short Stirling BIII - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, and thanks Terry, some helpful pictures there, especially of the overhead panel. I started fabricating the navigator's seat, a curved back bucket as suggested by Terry. Pictures tonight when its done.

Finished the navigator's seat and added some wire to the cockpit side walls. also a pic of the finished control panel.

P7010158.JPG
P7010161.JPG
P7010163.JPG
P7010158.JPG
P7010161.JPG
P7010163.JPG

Last edited:
Glenn, from what I remember, and having seen similar seats, the Nav's seat was more like this.
BUT! I'm only going off memory of the film footage and, although I think I have a photo somewhere, I haven't been able to find any proof yet. Lacking evidence, either style would suffice.
(Apologies fro the rough sketch!).

Attachments

• Can Jan 757.jpg
    Can Jan 757.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 101
Thanks for the info Terry. My seat is a bit too high in the back, but at this point it's too late to change it. I finished everything up inside and closed it up. The fit was better than I expected but I'll probably lose a lot of the rivet detail on the top and bottom when I smooth out the joint.
That's it until next week. I'll be gone for the holiday. Thanks for looking in everyone and happy 4th !

P7020164.JPG
P7020167.JPG
P7020169.JPG
P7020170.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back