1/72 T-6G Texan - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at6

1st Sergeant
Jun 15, 2011
Fresno, California
User name:AT6
First name:Larry
Category: Intermediate
Kit: Heller T-6G
Scale: 1/72

I have chosen the Heller T-6G kit. It's a simple yet attractive model with my greatest complaint being the instrument panels. I would have tried placing decals on them but that might have violated the rules. I painted something that at least looks like side detail and I used seat belt decals from an old Microscale P-47 decal sheet. That's where I would have gotten instrument decals if they had been permitted.

100_1416.JPG

100_1415.JPG

100_1417.JPG

100_1418.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I solved my instrument panel problem. The panels are black with RLM 74 instruments. Never mind accuracy, close enough for government work will do. I only needed a little contrast.

Thanks. That yellow plastic will soon be yellow paint. Being built as an armed French T-6G. Revell, Encore, and Airfix all used the same mold for their offerings but in white plastic. Have the Academy T-6 in my 1/72 stash and with the exception of the engine, it is 100% superior to the old Heller mold. I plan to make molds of the Academy gear doors plus possibly the interior future use as the kits are virtually interchangeable internally.

I happen to have the Modelcraft Goldilocks MK IV and the Ocidental MK II kits as well. Any one getting the Heller T6D/G will find that the rear canopy is wrong for that kit. They put Harvard canopy parts in the box, but then considering the brand, what could any one expect? If I can ever get my hands on a Belcher bits SNJ-2 rudder, a little surgery and a cockpit from the R/M T-6 D I will have an SNJ-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back