1910 Hartman

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am planning on having at least 4 more of Art Hartman's aircraft built for a display at the airshow in his honor here in Burlington this Sept.

First pic - 1906 dirigible. Build has been started in vacuform. I will post pics soon.

Second pic is the HL-1 of which 3 were manufactured before the depression shut him down.

Third pic is the re-built 1910 flyer. this aircraft is in a museum in Nebraska (NOT a 1910 A/C as advertised in the museum but a completely different Airframe and engine)

Fourth pic is his 'Memory Jenny' he rebuilt many Jennys over the years but this is the last plane he flew (AT 73 yrs old !!). This is the only one that has a kit. It has been started, will post pics soon.

Attachments

• Balloon.jpg
    Balloon.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 112
  • HartmanHL-1.jpg
    HartmanHL-1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 1910rebuild.jpg
    1910rebuild.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Jenny.jpg
    Jenny.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 108
Here's the poster for the Airshow here in Burlington featuring a Bleriot, Art built his plane based on seeing pictures of this.

Pic 2 - the logo that the Iowa Dept of Transportation is using, featuring this airplane.

Attachments

• AirshowPoster.jpg
    AirshowPoster.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 56
  • PoweredFlightposter.jpg
    PoweredFlightposter.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 102
I'll have to let my friend, Bob, know about this. He lives in Humboldt, and flew Mosquitoes in the RAF during WW2. I guess he'd be interested in going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back