1st PLACE INTERMEDIATE: Bf109E-1 Jg54 Yellow 10 Battle of Britain Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Bf109E-1 Jg54 Yellow 10 Battle of Britain Group Build

User name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: 2, Intermediate
Kit: Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109E-3
Scale: 1/48th.
Modifications: The Tamiya Bf109E-3 will be modified to make it a BF109E-1. Scratch built seat cushion harness.
Accessories: Aero Master Decals, True Details resin wheels and a Squadron vacuformed canopy

Here are the official six pictures plus four extra. This camouflage scheme stretched my airbrush skills to the limit. I hope you guys like the results.

PB303823.JPG
PB303824.JPG
PB303825.JPG
PB303826.JPG
PB303827.JPG
PB303827a.JPG
PB303830.JPG
PB303832.JPG
PB303834.JPG
PB303840.JPG

Last edited:
This by far out of the three builds takes the cake Sir.:thumbleft:

but I might add Glenn though in the future to maybe tone down staining for the gunports.I find myself looking at them when it should be the whole model less suttle;different color or dirty up the background more?Not trying to be to critical just an ob.Kevin Cheers

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback.
but I might add Glenn though in the future to maybe tone down staining for the gunports.I find myself looking at them when it should be the whole model less suttle;different color or dirty up the background more?Not trying to be to critical just an ob.Kevin Cheers
The staining did turn out a little heavier than I had intended. In the past the pastels seemed to fade by a factor of 50% when I sealed them with Dullcoat so this time I applied them a little heavier so naturally they didn't fade. :rolleyes: Oh well I'll just say that at the height of the battle the mechanics were to busy patching holes and keeping them flying than cleaning them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back