2010 Olympic Ice Hockey

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That sucked now we gotta play Germany in a qualifier for the medal round

Does anyone know about fighting in the olympics? Do they get suspended or something and is that why they don't fight? I know they never did just don't know why.

Ovecheckin's hit on Jarg was what seemed to drain all the life outta the Czech's

Does anyone know about fighting in the olympics? Do they get suspended or something and is that why they don't fight? I know they never did just don't know why.

Ovecheckin's hit on Jarg was what seemed to drain all the life outta the Czech's

Sure, you can be suspended. One player from Finland was just suspended in the match SWE- FIN. Stop for next match (against CZE).

Last edited:
IMHO that was a clean hit . Jagr had the puck and head down Ovechkin had his arms down didn't jump. it was a classic open ice hit. The thing about Ovechkin is he dishes it out and is not afraid to take it I don't think he gets preferential treatment, he has no reputation for diving and was suspended for 2 games for a knee on knee with Gleason who is on US team.
something to think about OV is one of if not the premiere player in the world one of the reasons is the man knows where everyone on the ice is including the refs

I didn´t speak about Ovechkin´s hit on Jagr. I meant his fauls in the match agaist SVK.
I read his interviews few days before Olympic games started. Especially his words about 'team from the other planet' were pretty selfish. As I said, not only the names make the team.
He´s gonna have a chance to show his skill in the QF.

I hope the QF game against the Russians involve s Canada and not Germany, I hope they put Luongo in net and put Brodeur on the bench

I have a question the Dutch seem to do well with skating how come they can't play hockey after all they have the hard part down .

Well, we have 2 national sports in the Netherlands, football (soccer) in the summer and speedskating in the winter. But icehockey is very small here. So is figure skating. I guess the skates are just too short for us :)

Well, we have 2 national sports in the Netherlands, football (soccer) in the summer and speedskating in the winter. But icehockey is very small here. So is figure skating. I guess the skates are just too short for us :)

or the last guy to get a breakaway just kept going on the canals:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back