2010 Olympic Ice Hockey (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

32142.jpg

"The abject cruelty shown by Canadian soldiers in international conflicts is scantily referred to, as indeed is the utter incapacity of this county to host a major international event, due to its inferiority complex, born of a trauma being the skinny and weakling bro to a beefy United States and a colonial outpost to the United Kingdom, whose Queen smiles happily from Canadian postage stamps."

Last edited:
Thanks for the UTube of the '72 game in Moscow PB - the greatest series ever - and the greatest sweater.
Did anyone watch the Canada-US women's game last night? (2-0 Canada). If not, you're missing some very fine hockey. Maybe not so fast and tough but damn fine. Congratulations to the Finns on the Bronze, and to the US on the Silver . The Canada-Slovakia game tonight will be a barn-burner. - Canada must play them like the Soviets --- oops, meant the Russians :).

I love how some countries GET hockey and others don't. If you can't get the WOMEN motivated, then the game won't take root. Warrior sport like no other.

MM

Thanks for the UTube of the '72 game in Moscow PB - the greatest series ever - and the greatest sweater.
Did anyone watch the Canada-US women's game last night? (2-0 Canada). If not, you're missing some very fine hockey. Maybe not so fast and tough but damn fine. Congratulations to the Finns on the Bronze, and to the US on the Silver . The Canada-Slovakia game tonight will be a barn-burner. - Canada must play them like the Soviets --- oops, meant the Russians :).

I love how some countries GET hockey and others don't. If you can't get the WOMEN motivated, then the game won't take root. Warrior sport like no other.

MM
womens hockey is not an Olympic sport, only two countries play the game

".... womens hockey is not an Olympic sport, only two countries play the game.."

Very, very short sighted view IMHO.

If its goals are worth aspiring to, then it belongs. They do and it does. :) I guess we agree to disagree on this.

MM

32142.jpg

"The abject cruelty shown by Canadian soldiers in international conflicts is scantily referred to, as indeed is the utter incapacity of this county to host a major international event, due to its inferiority complex, born of a trauma being the skinny and weakling bro to a beefy United States and a colonial outpost to the United Kingdom, whose Queen smiles happily from Canadian postage stamps."

:shock:

I happened by an Olympic hockey game on TV and wondered why it looked slow and clumsy. "were they all on NyQuil" i wondered??

turned out it was a womens game.

You guys in the US have a guy named Zach Parise playing for you , Here is video clip of his dad disputing a call by the Russian ref in a game in Moscow 1972 the hatred for each other's teams in hockey runs very deep

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqz3wb0Bes

JP Parise was one of the most under-rated players of the 1970s. He was a steady player with the North Stars and they traded him away because they thought he was too old. Him along with Jude Druin, Potvin and rookie Bryan Trottier ignited the Islanders in the 1975-76 season and set the stage for the Islanders 4 Stanley Cups. Too bad he wasn't with them when they won the cup.

here is the whole Pravda article that was quoted earlier:

Vancouver: Mutton Dressed as Lamb - Pravda.Ru

Everybody who knows anything about Olympic skating, Winter Olympic sports and international politics will infer from the pitiful and dangerous conditions provided by the Canadian authorities, which already caused one death, that Vancouver is mutton dressed as lamb. Take off the outer veneer and the stench is horrific.

here is the whole Pravda article that was quoted earlier:

Vancouver: Mutton Dressed as Lamb - Pravda.Ru

Everybody who knows anything about Olympic skating, Winter Olympic sports and international politics will infer from the pitiful and dangerous conditions provided by the Canadian authorities, which already caused one death, that Vancouver is mutton dressed as lamb. Take off the outer veneer and the stench is horrific.

So...I'm guessing the Russians aren't too happy about the games...

"... And then one country drinks beer on ice.
I saw some negative comments about it in today´s article...is it a theme in Canada as well now?"

Sadly, Seesul, it is. Personally, I think it's the Ladies country - they pay taxes and vote here. If they want to drink after the show - good on' em.

Euro weenie Officials - STFU, please. Thank you. :)

MM

".... womens hockey is not an Olympic sport, only two countries play the game.."

Very, very short sighted view IMHO.

If its goals are worth aspiring to, then it belongs. They do and it does. :) I guess we agree to disagree on this.

MM
Its a fine sport however when it becomes more competitive let them play however right now its not competetive

"... And then one country drinks beer on ice.
I saw some negative comments about it in today´s article...is it a theme in Canada as well now?"

Sadly, Seesul, it is. Personally, I think it's the Ladies country - they pay taxes and vote here. If they want to drink after the show - good on' em.

Euro weenie Officials - STFU, please. Thank you. :)

MM

I don´t have a problem with it.
Only don´t 4get- also the kids are watching those matches and have their models there.
19 yo girl drinking a beer is not the best example.

USA is putting the hammer down against the Finns. 4-0 in the first period. Parise, Kane, Johnson and Malone have all scored for the US.

Make that 5-0, Kane gets his second goal at 12:31.

DAMN! Make it 6-0 - Stastny scores 15 seconds later!

Last edited:
Spankin some Finns!

lG670.jpg

Boy, if our ladies did this, the whole world would be down on them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back