A deviation from my rule: Tamiya A6M2 in 1:32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi verybody,
I did some progress on my Zero: painted all upper and lower surfaces using the 50/50 mix between Gunze H70 and Gunze H336 for all metal parts and the same with the addition of some drops of white, black and blue for fabric.

DSCN1756.JPG
DSCN1757.JPG
DSCN1758.JPG
DSCN1760.JPG
DSCN1761.JPG

Also scratch built the loop antenna as the one in the kit wasn't corresponding to the real.

DSCN1757 det.jpg

and painted semigloss black the cowling

DSCN1759.JPG

Next step will be cover everything with Future and apply decals even if I'vent yet decided if Hinomaru will be a decal or sprayed on. By the way, does anybody knows the exact red color to be used for the "sun disk"?
Cheers
Alberto

The quoted shade of Fresh painted Hinomaru Red is similar to FS 11105 a deep Red.

Nice work on the painting, to me it looks pretty good leaning towards "ame iro" (Amber or caramel colour) the fabric surfaces also look pretty good as well..

Last edited:
Great work Alberto! Right, between you, Bill ans Destrozas, i have to do my A6M5-k conversion...damn! :)

Don't feel too bad about deviating from your intended plan...this Tamiya kit is very well done and is indeed a powerful temptress (lol). Also, you have done a really great job...nice use of colors.

Hi everybody,
while I'm doing some tests on Hinomaru color, I fitted landing gears:

DSCN1771.JPG
DSCN1772.JPG
DSCN1773.JPG
DSCN1775.JPG

I also fitted the rear landing wheel and the arrest hook, but I forgot to picture them, will be done next time.:oops:

Cheers
Alberto

Nice work Alberto:)

For your knowledge, there was no beige color for the A6M2. Its factory color was light grey only.
However, a former ground crew once testified "When I was a ground crew for Zeros, I was often ordered to polish its outer skin with waste lubricant oil to shine. A few months later, my Zeros looked shiny amber."

Nice work Alberto:)

"...my Zeros looked shiny amber."

So I must assume that my model will represent a bird at least some months old and that could be realistic, considering the several victory marks on the fin!
Anyway, many thanks for your comment.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back