A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just received this book I bought from e-bay:

I know that this book is now almost 30 years old and suffers for its age, because more recent discoveries partially amended some information contained in it, but this is still a must for Italian people loving aviation history and I'm happy that finally I got it for a reasonable price.
Inside there are 168 b&w photos and 10 in colour, plus 15 colour profiles and more.

Cheers
Alberto

Went to Hay-on-Wye recently (small town many, 2nd hand bookshops) bought:

- Global Mission by H H Arnold i.e. autobiography of 'Hap' Arnold - £10.00

- Masters and Commanders by Andrew Roberts - about the behind the scenes interplay between Churchill FDR and the Generals Marshall Brooke - £12.00

- Ten Days that saved the West by John costello - about all the intrigue involved with Hess coming to Britain, intrigue from all sides - British 'right', MI6, Joe Kennedy, Soviets etc - fascinating - £10.00

- The Most Dangerous Enemy by Stephen Bungary - well I already had the paperback, but just as I did with Terraine's Right of the Line - I got the hardback version - £8.00

- Images of War : Torpedo Bombers by Peter C Smith - a good overview of development and practise around the world - £4.99

All in excellent condition.

Haven't really started on any of these yet, not long started Defeat to Victory by Field Marshal Viscount Slim - that I got from the Works - £2.49

Good haul there Merlin.
Just ordered this, due for release on 1st March. Looking at the sample pages on the 'Wing Leader' publishing web-site, it's well worth it - looking forward to getting my grubby, twisted hands on it!

Attachments

• Crash book.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 75
I'll let you know Jim, and yes Andy, from the sample pages I looked at, I think it'll be a great reference, especially for BoB stuff. (it's already clarified something for one of my museum projects!).
OK, at £25 for a soft back (A4 size), it's a tad pricey, but considering the work involved in research, cataloging, and the photos, many multiple views, I think it deserves the price tag - and the introductory offer knocks off £5, so only paying £20.
This is Volume One, from 1939 to the height of the BoB, so i'm guessing there'll be another two or three volumes yet to come.
I'll post a review of sorts, when I get my copy.

This may be mundane for some but I'm really stoked about my recent addition to my library.

I've owned Don Caldwell's "JG 26 War Diary: Part 1 -1939-1942" for about 14 years. I've never been able to find Part 2. Today I'm out with the Pre-Wife doing some shopping and we stop at Barnes and Noble for something she needs. I check the WWII section and....lo and behold there is a paperback copy of Part 2!!!!

Needless to say, ITS MINE!!!!!!

interesting softback mag done up by author Chris Goss on V./KG 40's Ju 88C-6's with some interesting camo for you model builders out there. I need to secure a copy myself.....

Le catalogue de Avions Bateaux

under the cover note the pdf file to check out for a nice taste of what is inside and at 12.50 Euro a steal....

picked up Warriors and Wizards about the development/defeat of radio controlled bombs as well as Arctic Convoys 41-45 to Murmansk big heavy book full of data

I've just been given "Wing Leader" by Group Captain Johnny Johnson. It'll take a bit to get past the way its written (1950's english), but it looks to be an interesting read.

Users who are viewing this thread